MIT blackjack training video coming soon

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TXtourplayer, Nov 26, 2004.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

The MIT blackjack team is coming out with a instructional video and complete home instructional kit to help the beginner as well as the experienced blackjack player.

No more trying to understand some complicated book, let the MIT team show you how to improve your game and increase your chances of winning everytime you seat down at the table. This video gives you more of a hands on training and you can see what they are doing unlike just reading about it.

The video and home instructional kit will be avalible around the second week of December. This is a must for anyone serious about playing blackjack. I will post when and where you can place your orders as soon as I get that information.

On another note: The MIT team story "Bringing down the house" just started shooting and well be out in late 2005 or early 2006. The stars included, Kevin Spacey and Toby McGwire.

2. 21jump

21jump New Member

Cool. Where can I go to buy the video? I am interested in getting it before my next trip to vegas.

3. tahoewolf

tahoewolf New Member

DVD Availability

Go to their site and check in the left column regarding the DVD..

http://www.blackjackscience.com/

They mention that it will be available 12/05/2004.

4. TXtourplayer

5. mikeokeefe

mikeokeefe New Member

The REAL MIT blackjack site is:

http://www.BlackjackInstitute.com

Those are the guys from the book Bringing Down the House. Any other site that claims to be the real guys from the book is from a hack jumping on the bandwagon.

6. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Really?

"just started shooting" -- are you sure? my manager says this movie is still far from production -- securing financing, etc. there is definately a lot of hopeful optimism out there (ie the NPR interview the other day w/ Ben Mezrich & the real 'Kevin Lewis' from the book) but so far nothing here in Hollywood. Unless you know something i don't...?

-holly d.

7. TXtourplayer

Bringing down the house

Hollywood that is what I was told last week. I also heard it would be out in late 2005 or early 2006. I could have been miss informed, but I got it from the MIT team. They could have been mis-informed.

Glad to see you woke up from joep "Grip of Pain"...LOL. Give me a call!

8. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

TV special on NGC

I saw somewhere that NGC (National Geographic Channel) has produced a show about the MIT group and how they busted Vegas. I believe this is the show that is listed on their website that will air this Sunday (12/5/04) 9:00pm eastern called "Beating Vegas". It will also air several more times in case you miss it. Might want to set your TIVO or VCR to catch it if you have cable or a dish.

9. TXtourplayer

History channel

I saw one show about them on the History channel, but when I ask some of the players about it they just laugh at about half of it. I think they showed it on A & E as well, it could be the same show.

I found out the other site listed on this post is one of the later MIT student's that wasn't part of the "Bringing Down the House" group.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  10. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

A popular topic

The History channel show was a 2-hour show, different from the 1-hour A&E show. As far as I know, the National Geographic show is yet a third documentary on the subject. We'll know on Sunday I guess.

11. Dueling MIT websites

www.blackjackinstitute.com is the site started by MIT Mike. He and Micky Rosa are definitely the real deal and were the key players during MIT's glory days. The other site mentioned in one of the posts (www.blackjackscience.com) is run by Semyon Dukach. He also played for MIT during the 1990's, but was not a very successful member of that group (according to the information I have heard).