UB.com included in seize of Poker websites

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sandy Eggo, Apr 15, 2011.

1. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

I requested, and have received my first $250 USD withdrawal. FWIW, I'm Canadian. The limit now appears to be $500 USD, but they've increased the fee for a cheque from $8 to $10 USD. I just made my request for another withdrawal.

I also ordered some stuff from the online store using my points. I figure I might as well take what I can get. We'll see if that request is honoured or not soon.

There is a blog on the European web site claiming that getting withdrawals for US players going is a priority. Not sure how much faith you can place in that, however.

2. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

From the article posted by Ken:

"The government also seized five Internet domain names used by the companies, but later relinquished control of those owned by Poker Stars and Full Tilt to facilitate repayment of U.S. players’ deposits.

The former has begun repaying money on deposit to U.S. poker players while the latter has said it is making arrangements to do so."​

The blog on the UB site claims they the government is willing to make the same agreement with them, but does not say whether that has happened or will happen:

"Absolute Poker is aware that on April 19, 2011, the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York entered into separate agreements with FullTilt Poker and PokerStars. These agreements concern the use of the respective [domain names removed] domain names. The US Attorney, in a press release dated April 20, 2011, stated that the government is willing to enter the same agreement with Absolute Poker and UB."​

3. zweeky

zweeky Member

4. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

It appears that this may be correct after all. After my first withdrawal was handled quickly, my second request has been sitting, unreviewed, in "requested" status for 3 weeks now.

5. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Hope!

There is hope for non-US players who are willing to be patient. My second withdrawal was finally processed after 8 weeks and I received the cheque yesterday.

6. zweeky

zweeky Member

7. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

It Was Inevitable

Good to finally find out what's going on with UB, even if the news is bad. I did manage to get most of my money out via persistent email inquiries which eventually found someone willing/able to help, but I gave up on the remaining balance toward the end of last year.