Poker game anybody?

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by Reachy, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Hi All

Thought it mught be fun to have an online poker tournament sometime amoungst the forum contributors. Anybody fancy it? We could just play for bragging rights if people didn't want to stump up the readies but I'd pay a few quid if there was a big enough prize pool.

Anybody know a good poker site that has the option to open private tables or host invite only MTT? Other suggestions such as a good day and time to have the tourney would be welcomed

If you're interested just say "I"!

Cheers

Somerset "Reachy" Fats

2. UTVolfan

UTVolfan New Member

Poker

I'll gladly play, as long as it's not between 8am and 5pm central time.

3. pokernut

pokernut New Member

Count me in

4. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

I'd be interested as well.

5. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Poker rooms

I've been researching private games online and there seems to be 2 ways to do it but neither are free unfortunately.

The options are 1) each player pays a fee, average min. seems to be $5+1 but have seen a $1+0.1. Pro's: You can win some money. Cons: Everybody has to deposit a cash amount. 2) Freeroll with a 1 off charge of $10. Pro's: Only one person has to deposit and money. Cons: No money to win.

It's possible to do it on a non-download basis as most rooms seem to offer some sort of instant play option.

The best one for option 1) seems to be www.pokerroom.com and for 2) www.riverbelle.com seems OK.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Reachy

6. UTVolfan

UTVolfan New Member

My vote

I vote for a "play to pay" game. Not that I stand a chance of taking anybody's money, but people just don't play the same when it's for free.

7. noman

noman Top Member

Poker? I hardly know her!

It seems to me Yoda suggested this sometime back.

He has the connections to make it an effortless entry for those interested.

But as in all things, there's only so much time and so much to do, let alone allow for personal playing time. It would be a nice touch, but everyone can scratch their poker itch somewhere.

It's the blackjack that's starting to swell, that we all profess to, which we should support.

To run on. With over 5,000 registered on the site, we're lucky to get 100 players in a Global mega event. Just think how Mega they'd be with greater participation. Blackjack21. com is slowly starting, has good recommendations, but not great turn out. Now the new promised 21 site and Ultimatebet. There may be no time for poker.

Yeah, I remember TX's post of a survey why people don't play.
    but then that's just one of those paradoxs. cause if 5,000 people can access this site but not risk 10 or 20 bucks. well, I don't know.

8. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

This idea came up last summer, and I had trouble with the first two poker rooms I checked out. Then I just got sidetracked before we ever got it established.

Here's the old thread:
    http://www.blackjacktournaments.com/bb/showthread.php?t=984
    (I've locked that thread so reply here instead.)

I'm adding a poll to pick which night works best, and I'll look into the site issues this afternoon. More later today.

Here's a link to the poll:
    http://www.blackjacktournaments.com/bb/showthread.php?t=2113

9. Reachy

Reachy New Member

In or out?

So Noman, are you up for it or not? Surely you can find an hour or two in your schedule. Those cigars won't smoke themselves. I think it'd add an interesting dimension to mutual opinions and understanding. Different game, different aspects of personaility come through. Can you bluff?

TBJ will blow up within the year no doubt! It's about generating critical mass, the stone is rolling and the moss is sticking! UBT will open TBJ up to a whole new breed, all online and eager.

Cheers

Reachy

10. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

OK, Riverbelle Poker is the plan

OK, once we settle on a night and time, we'll set up a weekly single or multi-table No-Limit Texas Hold-em tournament at Riverbelle Poker. We can also have a private table for players who bust out and want to play limit poker.

If you don't already have an account there (or another Prima Poker room), get signed up so you'll be ready.

11. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

All kidding aside I hope you're right. Lately I haven't seen enough people to do any sit n go tables. everything has been mano-mano. I'm worried about too many BJ sites and not enough people.

The sad thing is I've been playing on UB poker to qualify for the Aruba deal myself. At least there (UB) there's plenty of people to play with.

12. noman

noman Top Member

Reachy response:

UBETCHA:

Been cross training for four years.