BJT Weekly Sunday Poker tournament starts this Sunday

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KenSmith, Aug 24, 2006.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Our first friendly multi-table (hopefully!) Texas Hold'em tournament will kick off this Sunday, August 27th. I'd like to make this a weekly event, assuming we have enough interested players.

Entry fee is $5 + $0.50.

We play Sunday August 27th, at 5 PM Eastern.

You'll need an account at Riverbelle Poker.

Once you login in, look under Private Games / Multi-Table Tournaments / BlackjackTournament_com Weekly.
    The password for the table is BJT.

Registration is open now. See ya there!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  2. pokernut

pokernut New Member

Looks like I have to make a choice a $5.00 tourney or a $100+30 tourney at the Horseshoe that usually has a $10,000 prize pool.

3. noman

noman Top Member

Pokernut:

DUH! DUH! DUH!

4. thrasht

thrasht New Member

Pokernut:

Huh! Huh! Huh!

5. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Weekly Poker

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in this post from our friend pokernut?

Thought that he would have enjoyed displaying his poker talents to the Blackjack playing underlings on here.

I don’t play poker, but I wish you all good luck in the tournament games (even pokernut).

Andy

6. Reachy

Reachy New Member

I'm registered

I'm no. 4 on the list. Come on guys, get registered, do it now, it'll be fun!

Cheers

Reachy

7. Reachy

Reachy New Member

I think you are all scared!!

Come one guys, sign up, it's just a bit of fun! You never know, you might like it :D

Cheers

reachy

8. pokernut

pokernut New Member

I would love to but since I pay my bills thru poker so I'll be at the Horseshoe in Tunica Sunday.

9. arlalik

arlalik Member

Sunday evening poker

So far we have only 6 players signed up.
    I think we have much more people here they know how to play poker and can afford to invest $5.50.
    We have more than 5,000 members here. Where are you guys?

10. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Ok, I'm #8 - the heck with preparing for the hurricaine right? See ya there

11. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

Bleh

The tourney starts in about 5 minutes and there are only 8 people signed up. Very sad turnout indeed. That's less than the number of people that voted they could play on Sundays.

12. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Still time...

Where's Ken? And Joep and Tex (I know you're online now, I can see you!!) Barney, I thought you'd be up for it.

Cheers

Reachy

13. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

You'll have to take my $5 without because my PC just crashed.

14. arlalik

arlalik Member

BJT Poker

Don't worry AceDonovan, you just came 3rd without even playing
    You won $8.00
    Congratulations to all the players and thank you for a very good competition

15. KenSmith

Congrats arlalik, luckygem and, yes, the missing AceDonovan, who cashed for 3rd place ahead of me!

Well, 8 players is a start. JoeP had timing issues in getting in, which were partly my fault. Several players were either still in Tunica or driving home. Next week we'll do better.

16. gflan

gflan New Member

that was fun!

OK, I was way outclassed even in a $5 game...got "lucky" to take 2nd, but it sure was fun. This site moves a bit faster than party poker...more like turbo speed. Congrats arlalik, you had my number heads up. Hope we have more people in the coming weeks.

gflan, aka "luckygem"

17. KenSmith

Yes, I was really surprised at how fast the game moves. I guess maybe after next week, with hopefully higher attendance, we can discuss the venue and see if everyone is happy with it or not.

18. arlalik

arlalik Member

Thank you

Thank you first af all to Ken for your efforts organizing a nice tourney which gave me a big win on our first poker tourney.
    Thank you to all the participants for spending your valuble time to make this happen.
    Hopefully this tradition will continue and we'll have more and more people involved in it with even higher enries so I can win more than $14.50. lol

arlalik aka arlalik

19. KenSmith

arlalik, don't spend it all in one place!

Next Sunday's event is setup, and registration is now open.
    Head to Riverbelle Poker, choose Private Tables / Multi-Table Tournaments and look for the BlackjackTournaments_com Sunday Weekly event. The password is BJT.

The tournament begins at 5 PM Eastern on Sunday September 3rd.

20. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

I won't be able to make next week due to a one time work thing. I will be back in the following weeks though. Just don't want anyone to think I didn't come back because of tonights turnout. :D I don't let my mediocre play and quick finish scare me off that easily. ;)