Bounty Tournament

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by TXtourplayer, May 23, 2007.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Here is the final table for the Bounty Toutnament.

[​IMG]

1st = $3,065 - Stan Roper
    2nd = $1,362 - Joe Pane
    3rd = $817 - Joyce Hopkins
    4th = $681 - John Zimmerman
    5th = $545 - Richard Kruger
    6th = $340 - Dennis Dueck

Congrat's to all.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2007
  2. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Nice job Joe! :celebrate:

Questions: How was this bounty different from the last bounty that was never ending?

How many people were entered?

Did it have escalating min bets?

How was the format received?

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2007
  3. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Nice going Joep. Stan, 1st place, played made at least a couple final tables last Tulsa, nice.

4. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

59 entries, 24 rebuys. (If I'm remembering the numbers Eric announced correctly.)
    Yep, and that fixed the "all-nighter" problem. In the first round, max bet was $500, but every 6 hands, the min went up: 10,20,50,100,200. It stayed at 200 until the round was done with only 2 players left. Initial bankrolls were $700 ($500 + $200 optional dealer-toke reward). Later rounds started with higher min and max bets, and escalated every six hands. For example, round 2 started with 200/1500 limits, and escalated to 600/1500.
    Some players like it, some players don't. Still, I think most enjoyed it. I had an interesting time in the quarter-finals. I was like a bad penny. Three times I was down to practically nothing ($15, $15, and $5), and I rebounded each time into the $2000 or so range. The fourth time when I got down to $5, I finally lost as the dealer to end my table and send Richard T and Stan R into the semi-finals.

It used an interesting tactic in this event. I would go almost all-in whenever I had chips, but hold back a precious few. If I lost, I would surrender every hand until I was the banker. Then, if I get lucky, I can win all the (large) minimum bets around the table, even though I'm only risking a few red chips. It worked three times out of four.

Last edited: May 23, 2007