Apologies & mea culpas:

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by noman, May 3, 2007.

1. noman

noman Top Member

I dunno what happened. I didn't get a notice of banishment. Maybe pay backs are a B. But as penalty for my previous incessant babble, I have lost an entire month of posts, until today. And at that I had to reregister to put this up.

If I offened anyone by seeminly ignoring them, I do apologize. If not, then I don't apologize.

Good Fortune to ALL.

2. Reachy

Reachy New Member

dulce et decorum est

I did wonder where you were and narrowed it down to:

1) You were on a vision quest to find your spirit guide - my guess is a mandrill

2) It was your time of year for hibernating

3) You were playing a caffeine-fueled 37 day blackjack session and were $103,789 down and couldn't go home a face the missus

4) You were having your "engrams audited"

5) You were traveling across America on a Segway because you didn't know how to stop it or turn around.

I'm frankly disappointed that it's none of those.

Cheers

Reachy

3. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Excellent Choice!

Maybe find a cousin in Milwaukee!!! :joker:

4. noman

noman Top Member

Actually!

What really happened......Before I met TX and Swog for the Texas version of the FREE all you can eat Pancake Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Liner at THE Local Advantage Denny's, I was on a trip to Vegas.

I was accousted on The Duece at four thirty in the morning, returning from a frolicking, frivolous time in Glitter Gultch to my sleeping quarters in the bushes outside The Outback Steak House. A homeless person took issue with my version of Mark Twain's: The Frog's of Calabassassassassas County. Probably because I didn't really know how to say it.

Anyway, so upset was the homeless person, she knocked me to the gum-sticky floor of the bus as it snailed back up or down the strip and proceeded to stomp on my hands, breaking all 28 of my knuckles. I was able to neatly camouflage my injuries from TX and Swog, but alas and alack I was rendered unable to type. Unless of course(and I did consider it) I grasped a pencil or some such object in my mouth to tap out any posts. The futility and time involved in such an endeavor quickly made that option moot. So, too have I remained mute, until my gnarled hands were able to navigate the keyboard.

Lessons learned:

1)Stay out of any discussion with a homeless person.

2)Get back to your bushes before sunset, or someone else will have claimed your spot.

3)You can never learn enough advantage "tricks" that surprisingly come in handy, almost anywhere. But, right now at Denny's in particular.

5. Joep

Joep Active Member

Did you order the Tuna with a side of twinkies at Dennys. The best around......................:eek:

Joep

6. noman

noman Top Member

Joep, Joep, Joep.

All we ordered were drinks. I had way too much coffee. colas for the other two. But over four hours we consumed so many free pancakes, Denny's had to call in a carpenter to remove the door jambs so we could get out.

I don't know why all those other people who ordered the Grand Slams didn't touch their pancakes.