Caesars AC $1M Empire Challenge

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by KenSmith, Jun 18, 2015.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

2. Cadillac Tim

Cadillac Tim Active Member

Looks like in invite only to the qualifying accumulation sattelite. Public can enter a random kiosk drawing, so nothing that would work for a Midwesterner. If this isn't accurate, I would enter a satellite in a hurry for a large tournament of this magnitude.

I'm going to check on a monthly tourney at Golden Nugget in Laughlin. Heard about it when playing at the Friday tournament at The Cannery in Vegas last week.

Our Jonny 21 made the final table where they decided to chop the purse.

Go Jonny!!!!!

3. Chairman

Chairman Member

I am not sure if it is exactly invitation only. I got 2 comped invite entries, one in the first half of each month and one in the second half of each month. I could rebuy for $100 or the equivalent in points if I desired as many times as I wanted. People that didn't get an invite showed up a few times while I was registering or getting registration info for the day to decide if I wanted to play that day. They always said they would check and I didn't see anyone not get in. A small sampling of unknown quantities. I guess they checked their play or maybe how many reward credits they had. I think if you showed up early and got a card and showed them some play at a decent amount you could get in. It would be wise to check before you travel but I never had much luck getting info on the tournament when I inquired.

I will say the competition was pretty soft. The first time I played I had the first spot until a guy beat my score in the final session. I came in second for $5K in freeplay. It ended up being around $4,800 after playing through a good VP machine. I joked that maybe it was a good thing because I could still play in the second half of the month a win. Well the second half I played again and won the day's competition for $10K cash and a spot in the finals. Now I really know my way around a craps table so I have a huge advantage in craps tournaments. They are my favorite kind of tournament as they involve the most skill and strategy. Hopefully I got another win in the tank but the finals most likely won't be the accumulation format that the qualifiers were. The against the table format lets you see what you have to do so it is easier but it is easier for everyone.

Next month (July) is the Baccarat Tournament qualifiers.

KenSmith likes this.