Calendar Updates Threads Suggestion

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by gronbog, Sep 7, 2012.

1. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

I've noticed that each update to a calendar entry generates a new thread in the Calendar Updates section of the forum. For example, my two updates to The Meadwos 200k Qualifier resulted in two separate new threads.

Might I suggest that updates to a calendar event be posted to the existing thread which was created when the calendar event was first created? That way, all of the updates to an event are in the same thread. This would provide a single thread on which to discuss each event and would make it easy to review the history of the event.

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I like that idea. vBulletin has a native function that allows me to import an RSS feed automatically into separate threads. Doing the process in a smarter way will require a different approach.

Your recommendation is definitely a better way to do it though. I'll give it some thought.

3. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

I think Gronbog's got a winning idea here. Sometimes we see the same BJT listed multiple times in the Updates only because someone kept tweaking the listing information.

See what you can do, Ken. ;)