Colorado Rockies, what a roll!

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by KenSmith, Oct 16, 2007.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I've been an Arizona DBacks fan for the last few years, but I have to admit that Colorado was WAY better than the Dbacks in the NL pennant series. They actually won me over after a couple of games and made me want them to win the series, although I would have enjoyed seeing more than 4 games in it.

The way they played this series, it's easy to see why they've won an impressive 20 of their last 21 games. Their defense is flat-out amazing. Shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is a new name to me, but wow, that guy can play.

Next victim: Cleveland, or Boston? If the Rockies keep playing like that, it won't matter. Just crown 'em now.

2. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

Wish I knew you were a Dbacks fan, Ken, since I had extra tickets to the NLDS and NLCS. I'll have to keep that in mind in the future.

3. marichal

marichal Member

ace;

and, we suffer as a giants fan. congrats to the roxs'. at least leah is happy, being from co. springs.

4. Powerman

Powerman Member

Vegas odds

Ken,
    I heard that Vegas odds will be 2:1 against the Rockies. Have you heard differently?

Can bets be made out-of-state somehow?

5. FMike756

FMike756 New Member

rockies v red sox

I Too, Have Joined The Rockies Fan Club.it;s Amazing That They Have Won 20 Of 21 Games. This Must Be Some Kind Of Record Of Itself.if The Same Chemistry Prevails In The World Series Then The Rockies Will Win But The Talent Of Beckett And Schilling May Be More Than The Rockies Can Handle. Hoping For A Long-shot Here. Good Luck Rockies.

6. maxwell

maxwell Member

ws

Maybe But Shilling Is Not What He Use To Be - I Would Go Against Shilling:d :d

7. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Boy oh boy, when the Rockies stopped rolling, they stopped hard. Maybe tonight's game will rejuvenate their chances. After watching their performance in the pennant series, I wouldn't have believed the World Series would be this one-sided so far.

8. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

The Rocks had too many days off, it broke their momo. Even bigger than the WS is A Rod opts out and is a free agent!

9. marichal

marichal Member

b stone:

ouch, for the roxs!!!!

maybe a-rod can buy my beloved giants with all the monies he will receive, by sliding out of his contract.

like he was just scrapping by with his present contract.

maybe the angels of whatever they will be called next season might be his landing spot.

hope the fires get managed in the next few days. very sad to see.

10. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Senor Marichal, I expect A Rod to sign with the Dodgers and immediately blow his elbow shoulder and both knees out ending his career on opening day. This will lead to the Giants and Dodgers fighting it out for las place as the D Backs and Padres win the next decade of pennants. The truth hurts! lol

11. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Texas Rangers

The Rangers are the BIGGEST A-Rod winners. With him opt out from the Yankees, it saves the Rangers something like $21,000,000 a year for the next 2-3 years they still have to pay A-Rod from his days with Texas.

As far as this years WS, I didn't like either team over the other, I just wish it hadn't been a sweep.

Congrats to the Bo Sox's.

12. marichal

marichal Member

b. stone;
    as much as i hate to admit it, i think you are correct about the roxs and the snakes. it could be a long decade for giants fans.