Dinner on Sunday night?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (Other areas)' started by TXtourplayer, Oct 27, 2005.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Several players have asked about getting together Sunday night (30th) before we deport the next day. I will be staying at the Rincon (Harrah's) just outside of San Diego.

Just post on this site where everyone would like to meet and we can go from there. I believe most players are staying at the Holiday Inn by the Bay. I will have my truck (since I have to bring out the tables and supplies from Texas) so I can meet ya'll any where.

2. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Holiday Inn By the Bay

We could all meet in the lobby, say, 6:00?

3. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Sounds good to me

6:00 in the lobby sounds fine with me. We will be arriving on Saturday and staying at the holiday inn.

We signed up for the early seating on the boat for dinner. If anyone else did and would like to put together a request to be seated together at a large table for dinners we can discuss it then or post a note here and we can make a request when we board on Monday.

See you soon!

4. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

Cruise Seating

Pat

Point Loma World Travel has arranged for the entire "Texas Tournaments" dining group to be seated in a special area (for both the early & late seatings) of the dining room. There are 4 tables reserved for late dining - not sure how many are reserved for the early seating (we are at the late seating). Your ID card issued @ embarkation will have your dining time & table # on it.

I also received the following from Jim Tomas of Point Loma after a boarding inquiry (we sail at 16:00)

"Mac ---

I checked and embarkation should start at 12:30 pm. However, the first hour to hour and a half are a "Circus" with all of the passengers who have flown in that morning standing in long lines.

I encourage my clients to wait until at lease 13:30 or 13:45 before arriving. By doing that, you should be able to complete the embarkation process quickly, without standing in long lines.

Look for the "WELCOME TEXAS TOURNAMENT" sign on an easel....Carolyn & I will be close by.

Jim"

Looking forward to meeting you.

Chips

5. Snapper

Snapper New Member

Count us in

Mrs. Snapper & I would love to attend the Holiday Inn dindin - hopefully you'll find this post before reservations are made. For those that don't know us, just look for the guy with orange hair and a long green beard.

6. Monkeysystem

Restaurant Recommendations

If anyone who's going is familiar with San Diego and has a good idea where to go, post it here and I'll make reservations. If not I'll talk restaurants with the hotel people and make reservations with something they recommend. I'll hold off on making reservations until late Sunday afternoon. I'll check this website late Sunday afternoon to get an idea of a head count, as well as an idea of where to go, then make the reservations.

7. Drbass

Drbass Member

Count us in for dinner

My wife (honeybee) and I will be there for dinner Sunday at the Holiday Inn. Count us in the reservations and we'll meet in lobby at 6pm

See ya'll there.

8. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Seating onboard

Thanks for the information Chips. We are looking forward to this cruise. Hopefully hurricane season will be over by the time we sail. I saw on CNN just now there is another one churning in central america on the atlantic side, but it looks like it is big enough to maybe affect our cruise if it moves west and hits landfall.

9. Snapper

Snapper New Member

Coincidence

I just spoke with an ex-Navy doc who recommended the following 2 places near the pier area: Filippi's (Italian) and Anthony's Fish Grotto. He said there's no shortage of good places to dine around that section of town. There's also a Mexican area with good restraunts, but considering where we're going I'd pass on that.

10. TXtourplayer

Set a location

I will set a location (close to the Holiday Inn by the Bay) for Sunday night. I guess about 26 sounds right. I will post back here tomorrow when I get a confirmation at one of the locations.

I have a few friends in San Diego that can get them for us.

Only three more days till we set sail.

You should see my room here in Vegas (at the Rio). I have Blackjack tables, and boxes of supplies, besides all mine and my wifes luggage...LOL. The look on the bellmans face was great when he saw everything I was unloading.
    I do have my own dollys so it wasn't that bad, but it did take three of them two trips to get it all...LOL.

11. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Pack light

Rick,

Didn't they tell you to pack light? LOL My wife has the biggest suitcases she can find and they are all pushing the weight limit. I would be surprised if we don't get weighed in at the gate and penalized for being overweight. I told her I could just pack one small suitcase with one change of clothes and a bunch of clean underwear but that didn't fly. I guess I have at least two outfits for each day of the cruise, maybe three...I have no clue how many times I will be changing if she has her way!

See you soon.

Pat

12. TXtourplayer

Pack light

If we have to pack light or get charged for an over the limit (luggage), I am SCREWED...LOL.

I tried to pack everything not only to wear for both my wife and me. I also threw supplies for the tournaments in any open space so not to carry as many bags.

I will try and get a confirmation for dinner by 8:00 EST (remember I am in Vegas now 5:00 PST).

I'll see all you tomorrow (Sunday), Bobbie (my wife) will fly in around noon to Vegas and then the three of us (+ Swog) are driving down to San Diego.

We will check-in at Rincon (Harrah's) and then drive to the Holiday Inn. Lets just plan on meeting at the Holiday Inn at 7:30 Sunday night.

13. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Dinner

Rick,

We just got checked into the hotel and they put us up on the 14th floor overlooking the bay right across from the ships. There is a restaurant right across the street called Anthony's. We are going to check it out. I think it was one of those recommended. I have no objection to eating there again tomorrow night.

They have free wireless here in the hotel, so keep us posted on when you expect to get here. You can always give me a call and I can post too.

Pat

14. Monkeysystem

Anthony's was outstanding!

We had lunch there. I would recommend it to anyone. :D

15. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

They are here! 6:00 now in lobby!

We are back to 6:00 in the lobby. Rick is here. Please pass the word to whoever you know is here.

Pat

Last edited: Oct 30, 2005