Four Winds Tournament June 25th, 2017

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by mtaylor, Apr 21, 2017.

1. mtaylor

mtaylor Member

At the last monthly tournament, the Four Winds announced that there would be a larger blackjack tournament held on Sunday, June 25th. They didn't give many details, just that it would be a larger buy-in (typical tournament is $60), more rounds (4 rounds instead of 3) and a larger prize pool. As more details become available, I'll post them up. Get it on your calendar!

Monkeysystem likes this.
  2. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Please do. I would consider going there if the incentive increases. Their typical events are "distance prohibitive" for me.
    Thank you.

3. noman

noman Top Member

4. noman

noman Top Member

For others "distance challenged" Four Winds runs a smooth tourney with knowledgeable and experienced directors and dealers. Venue is pleasant. Large hotel. Good lighting. Good rules. If all that's left is purse payout, don't sweat the small stuff.

5. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

No disagreement there. I played it once (little over a year ago) and thought it was all that you say.
    Going there means driving through Chicago, for me, and I'd rather kiss my mother in law than drive through Chicago.
    Are you playing at Buffalo Run. Hope so (you won't regret it!)

Billy C

6. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

If it's run anything like their monthly event, I'll make a point of being there.

7. noman

noman Top Member

Billy. Buffalo Run Yes. Chicago the same. Have to fight it a lot,,
    Buffalo yes. Chicago YES!. Have to fight thru it many times a week. It's a chore. But a one timer for pot of gold at end of rainbow that actually has an end......

8. Cadillac Tim

Cadillac Tim Active Member

Hey Billy,

So, you have a Mother-In-Law now, eh???

9. Cadillac Tim

If anyone gets details on the larger Four Winds event in June, we're all ears.

10. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

No------------just thought it was a good line.

Cadillac Tim and LeftNut like this.
  11. Cadillac Tim

Sure thing.....;)

12. noman

noman Top Member

Four Winds said check web site. Normally 65 buy in which includes 5 dollar dealer tip for 500 extra for a total of 6,000 starting for 18 hands preliminary. 100 to 5,000 bet. Normal is three prelimins with 8 tables of six. 2 advance. Going to six tables in prelimins, but four rounds. Higher buy-in. Supposed to start 1pm Sunday 6-25. All day event. Nothing else for certain till they post.

By the way there won't be a first Tuesday tourney in June because of the bigger tourney. And the July tourney on the 4th will take place on the 4th.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    mtaylor and Monkeysystem like this.
  13. noman

noman Top Member

Sooooo for those wondering, I just got an email from VP of table games.

"The tournament at this time is open to Four Winds RATED players by invitation. Spots that are not filled would be open to other LOYAL GUESTS on a first come first serve basis. $140 buy-in. $10 add on, limited to 144 players. Watch web site for openings.. Blah Blah Blah."

I don't have to comment any further.

14. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Good chance they won't be able to fill it from the potential player pools they prefer, unless they comp a whole bunch of 'em. Firekeepers in Battle Creek made it a huge PITA to buy in and their entries suffered badly for it. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

15. mtaylor

mtaylor Member

Well, looks like I must not be a RATED player, which kind of sucks since I've played in the monthly tournament for over two years now. Oh well, I'll find other entertainment that day.

16. noman

noman Top Member

Anyone close might think about showing up around 11am and giving it a try. Certainly a risk for anyone with a considerable distance.

17. mtaylor

mtaylor Member

I just saw on their website that they have opened up the sign-ins for us regular folk. You can sign up beforehand. $140 buy-in. First place is $6,750.00. Pays down to 11th place $800.00. Unfortunately I can't make it that day, but I would encourage others to. They run a good tournament. Best of luck to all who enter!

18. noman

noman Top Member

mtaylor: Thanks for info. Was going to try at 11am. Still the plan.

19. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Any good news from our BJT.com representatives there?????

Cadillac Tim likes this.
  20. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Nope. No good news to report... we'll get 'em next time.

Cadillac Tim likes this.