Gold Coast Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by surf, Sep 30, 2016.

1. surf

surf Member

Does anyone know details on the $10k Jingle Bells bjt 12/19/16-12/21/16? All I have is $99 includes entry and 3 nights hotel.

2. Dakota

Dakota Top Member

I don't know about "Jingle Bells", but I just received (quite late) a flyer for the October 3-5 "Around the World" blackjack tournament at Gold Coast LV. Registration is on Monday, October 3 from 2:00pm - 6:00pm. Tournament play begins Tuesday, October 4 at 10:00am, as does tournament play on Wednesday, October 5. There will be 1 WC drawing for the final table on Wednesday. First place pays $5000, but I have no other information (likely $10,000 total prizes). This information is probably the same for "Jingle Bells" (they sure got that invitation out early). Phone: 888-402-6278

3. surf

surf Member

Thank you.

4. VegasKid

VegasKid Member

Having played at many BJT at the Gold Coast, I can tell you that they usually run as follows:

1. 5000 in starting chips.
    2. You play two rounds (one per day) of 30 hands each.
    3. Your score for each round will be added to determine a final score.
    4. Based on the results of 3. above, the top five qualifiers will advance to the final table.
    5. They'll also draw a wild card entry for the sixth position at the final table.
    6. Final table participants start with 5,000 in chips and play 30 hands.

The GC tournaments are well-run and a lot of fun. Enjoy!

P.S. I'll be there for the 9-11 Oct BJT. If you are there look for a 67-year old man (yes, that is who VegasKid is) with a white baseball cap from the University of Chicago.