Golden Nugget, Vegas

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Doc, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Doc

Doc Member

Just made it back from tournament at GN, in Vegas. It was fun seeing friends again at the tournament. Fun seeing tournament friends from home state of MN. Special shout out to Moses and Sky. Always good to see you guys. Glad I did not have to play against you guys this past weekend! Also, thank you again for the Dinner invite.
    Even though I did not win the tournament, I would probably have to say that this was the best I have played in an entire weekend, for a long time. Won my table in 1st round, on Saturday. On Sunday, won my 2nd round, and then won my table in quarterfinals. In Semifinals, going into final hand, was 2nd, 1300 behind leader. He bet 1000, 3rd place player bet max of 2000, and then I did max bet 2000. Leader split his face cards to get 2000 on table (had a 20 & 21). I had hard 16. Third place player, got bad cards, not relevant. Little ones coming based on count, I'm sure. I had to double to get 4000 on table. I had to use my mulligan, then ended up getting a 4, for a 20. If dealer gets less than 20 or busts, I go to finals. Dealer had a Face up with 2 under, and here it comes ............. a 9!! What! How could she do that to me! We had such a good thing going until then!

Oh well. I felt good not having to do a Rebuy, or depend on getting drawn back into tournament with a wildcard drawing. Better to be lucky than good. However, if they would have drawn my name for the finals, I wouldn't have refused it. (The top 3 players at final table choppped for $19,000 each.)
    GN plans to go back to 100,000 tournament (500 buy in).

george, johnr and KenSmith like this.
  2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

That’s a tough semifinal finish, but it sounds like you had a great time at the event. Nice job!

george and johnr like this.
  3. noman

noman Top Member

Doc: Thought GN was $500 buy in for $50,000. Going to $100,000?

4. noman

noman Top Member

OK. Been a while since I made a Golden Nugget tourney. Last ones I went to were $50,000 top prize with $500 buy in. $100 Mulligan and Thursday night $100 Last Man standing event. How have they changed, since I see reports of $100,000 top. Rules and playing condition same as in past. Different? Next one. Or two?

5. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

I strolled through the BJT crowd there at the Nugget this week, was cutting through the joint and saw the tournament being set up. Looked for familiar faces but saw none. Thinking it was probably Sunday but not sure.