Kewadin

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Billy C, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

I received my annual pocket calendar a couple weeks ago and noticed that they are again hosting two 2012 blackjack tournaments at St. Ignace (March 9-11 and August 10-12) and two at Sault Ste. Marie (June 8-10 and September 28-30).
    I hope to play in all four of these. The one in March is a little iffy because blizzard conditions are very common in the upper peninsula at that time of year. Hell, the last weekend in September could even be scary at the Soo-------short summers up there!:)

Billy C

2. MrPill

MrPill Active Member

"Southern Boys"

Billy,

Agree with the possible weather during March in the U.P.. At least for us folks coming up from "down south" the one in March is in St. Ignace, just across the big bridge. I know this does not help you "Westerner's" that travel across the U.P. from the West though.

Happy Holidays to all!

Pill

3. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

I'll likely make it to only one Michigan tourney again this year due to constraints on vacation days. Probably in the summer at St Ignace. Seems like a long way off ....

4. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Crossing the Mighty Mac bridge at St. Ignace is a sight that you'll never forget, especially in March if the lakes are still frozen.
    The center of that sucker is about 200 feet above the waterline!

5. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Impressive structure indeed! I believe the bridge is 5 miles long which may be a record (?) That early in March, there's a good chance that lakes Michigan and Huron will still be ice covered. The two lakes meet at this bridge, I think.
    A 200 foot fall to the ice would make me forget a tourney loss, I guess----think I'll try to win:laugh:!!!!!

Billy C

6. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Mighty Mac

We'll have to go take a road trip during the tournament if time allows. I've never driven over the bridge.

7. noman

noman Top Member

Never Driven The Bridge?

What? Have u walked across. Or canoed the straight?

8. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Either one of those choices would be fatal for a monkey-------lots of hunters up that way!!!!!:laugh:

Billy C

9. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

10. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

The Bridge can be a little intimidating at times........

Attached Files:

Billy C likes this.
  11. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Wow, what an image!

12. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Soo entries (June 8th-10th)

I entered yesterday-------they tend to cap this one at something like 108 entrants and several people that were at Tama last weekend indicated that they were signing up for the Soo this week. Just saying------------------!!!

Billy C

13. MrPill

MrPill Active Member

5 + 2 For Us

Billy,

We have five of our regulars, one not so regular and one newbee to Blackjack Tournies already confirmed as going. It seems like the Soo is not as big into looking at play history to qualify as Iggy is. Maybe cause it is still early in the season?

See Ya There,
    Pill

14. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

I just got the call-back. I'll be there and my wife will likely be coming with me, but not playing.

15. Monkeysystem

Got the Callback

Count us in!

16. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Angelrun and I are in, will likely also be staying thru Sunday night for the usual after-tournament shenanigans!

17. Monkeysystem

Yaay!

And Kewadin will never be the same! :yikes:

18. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Results?

I ended up heading home Sunday morning before the quarter finals started. Several among us were still in the running. Any good news?

19. MrPill

MrPill Active Member

None

None from our Ohio Group and none from this board moved to the final. Good to see you and others from here again though.
    -Pill

20. Jonny21

Jonny21 Active Member

Finals at the Soo

I left in a huff after blowing out of the re-buy without winning a hand. The rocket scientist sent me an e-mail saying that the big kid who won it last year won it again, and the rocket scientist's sister, Marge came in second.