Maybe 4 round Super-minis?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (Other areas)' started by TXtourplayer, Aug 12, 2005.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Based on the current number of players signed up for the cruise tournaments it looks like we will be playing more of a bigger version of my Super-mini tournaments. Only real difference is re-buys.

Unless we get a big run of players the structure will be looking something like this.

I will start signing up players on Sunday night Oct. 31st during the cocktail party. You may sign up for all 4 at once. I must receive all entries and re-buys in cash, (prizes will all be paid out in cash as well).

All the Tournaments will use the following format:

Round # 1 and re-buys (re-buys will roll over into first round)
    44 players, ? tables of 6, 24 hands with 6 per table, (or 4 X # of players), top 2 advance from each table, including re-buys.

Based on everybody re-buying in twice.

Round # 2
    32 players + 4 Wild Cards = 36, 6 tables of 6, 24 hands, top 2 advance from each table.

Round # 3 SEMIFINALS
    12 players, 2 tables of 6, 24 hands, top 2 advance from each table.

Round # 4 FINALS
    6 players, 1 tables of 6, 24 hands.

Note: Wild Cards will be drawn as needed.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Rules:

1. Each player will start with $500 No Cash Value chips. For $5 (dealer tip) you can get an extra 100 in chips (befors play starts).

2. Min. bet $10 - Max. bet $200

3. Splits up to 3 times, Aces only once.

4. DD after any first two cards and after splits allowed.

5. Surrender offered (before third card, this includes split hands).

**6. A dice roll or high will determine where the Puck starts on every table.

7. Puck rotates from left to right after each hand.

**8. 4 hands per player will be dealt at each table, example: 6 players = 24 hands. We will have a count down with five hands remaining at each table.

9. In case of tie (for advancement) all involved will start with $200 in chips and play 2 hands X the number of players involved. If still tied after that we will play sudden death.

10. Chips must be in plain veiw at all times and stacked by denomination.

11. NO TALKING to or from the spectators.

12. Dealing shoe used, all cards dealt face up.

13. Dealer stands on all 17's

14. Winners please tip the dealers.

Note: ** Changes made since original post.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Prize breakdown - based on 44 paid entries and 48 re-buys,
    (100% entries and re-buys returned in all 4 events)

$300 entry fees X 44 players = $13,200.
    $150 re-buys X 48 = $ 7,200.
    Total = $20,400.00

1st = 40% = $8,160.00
    2nd = 20% = $4,080.00
    3rd = 14% = $2,856.00
    4th = 9% = $1,836.00
    5th = 5% = $1,020.00
    6th = 3% = $ 612.00
    7th-12th = 9% = $306.00 each

Over 25% of the players will win back their starting entry fee.
    This is just a rough guess on the payouts.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  2. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

How will the seating assignments be made?

This is important if puck starts at first base every table.

3. TXtourplayer

Ramdom draw

Good question Monkeysystem, I'm sorry I didn't post that earlier.

Table and seating assignments will be drawn at registration the first night at the Texas Tournaments cocktail party (Oct. 31st).

Once at the tournament table the dealer will either roll a dice or deal for high card to determine where the puck will start.

The number of hands played will be based on the number of players at the table as well. We will play 4 hand per player at the table, example: 6 players = 24 hands, 5 players = 20 hands...ect.

I also offered to change the count down for the final five hands for one of the tournaments (as you may have already read about). The more I think about it and with as few players I think I will change all four count downs.
    I will offer a count with five hands left and before the last hand for the first three tournaments and then for the last tournament I will count down with five hands left and allow paper and pencial to be used for the final five hands along with each bet being called out to the players.

I'm not sure how they will be taken, but with this smaller venue seems like a good time to try them out. I'm willing to try anything that might increase attendence for the blackjack tournaments.

Please post any other questions you may have or think of here and I'll be glad to answer any of them I can.

PS. I am already looking at setting up another tournament cruise for next year. I am looking at shorter 4-5 day cruise (not sure where yet).

4. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

So rule #6:
    6. Puck starts on first base for hand # 1 on every table.
    isn't really the case?

5. TXtourplayer

My Bad!

Sorry Ken, nice catch. I posted an old Super-Mini set of rules up and didn't catch two items. #6 which you pointed out and #8.

#6 has been changed by players request. We will either roll a dice or deal hight card for where the puck starts.

#8 4 hands per player will be played at each table (24 hands only if 6 are at that table).

I will go back and correct them.

6. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Printed rules

Rick,

I want a printed set of rules on the ship so there will be no controversy with you changing the rules as we go....

:D

Pat

7. TXtourplayer

Already in the works!

I am already working on a complete set of rules and the time schedules for the tournaments. all will be in print so no problems...LOL.

I am planing on post both within the next couple of weeks for all to see.