Next Cruise Tournament?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (Other areas)' started by thrasht, Sep 1, 2006.

1. thrasht

thrasht New Member

Hey lets do another blackjack tournament cruise Tex. We've only been back a few weeks and I'm ready to start planning the next one. What's in the works for the third annual blackjack tournament cruise?

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Already working on it...

I am actually thinking about hosting two BJ cruises a year, one fall/winter and one spring/summer cruise.

Before I sign up with any cruiseline I am trying to get additional discounts from Carnival for our Bahamas mishap.

If I can get 50% discount for our next cruise (only for this years passengers) I will use Carnival again, if not I'll start looking for another cruiseline.

3. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

This Past Cruise

TEX,

How about some stats from the cruise you just finished. Such as..

How many tournaments and how many played in each?
    Prize pool totals and amounts?
    Pots chopped?
    Number of Re-buys?

Chips

4. TXtourplayer

Laptop in the shop.

I will when I get my laptop back, Toshbia had a recall on mine and I put it in the shop.

Swog and Joep did final 5 hands I believe.

All three of the main tournaments were between $3,100 to $3,200 for 1st place.

5. thrasht

thrasht New Member

No Chop-Chop

I'll add that none of the pots were chopped upfront (unless done secretly among a few players). Everybody had a chance for at least two rebuys and those that wanted to got three. The first rebuy was $150, second $100 and the third $50. Rick, correct me when you get your laptop back if I'm mistaken. Which is doubtful of course. lol

6. TXtourplayer

Your on the money

You are correct Trasht, the only thing you forgot to mention was your 2nd place finish on the last $100 Sit & Go of the cruise. Damn just think you have to re-live coming in 2nd over and over and over until the next cruise we go on...LOL.

7. thrasht

thrasht New Member

I'm Not Worthy

Yes, you are correct Tex that I will have to live with coming in second to your first in the last sit 'n go of the cruise. I almost don't feel worthy of being in your presence next week at the Stardust tourney. I guess that's a big ALMOST. Hopefully you'll have to live with coming in second to my first at the last Stardust tourney. You will have to live with that one for a lifetime not until next years cruise. lol

8. TXtourplayer

No problem

You have a deal, just give me the $15,000 for 2nd place now and I won't even show up.

I'll cry all the way to the bank...LOL

9. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

1st or 2nd....

1st or 2nd Thrasht, just remember to keep track of the $2.50 chips!

Chips

10. thrasht

thrasht New Member

If Nothing Else

Yeah Chips thats the one thing I do if nothing else is keep track of those damn $2.50 Chips. Hopefully there can be a little role reversal from the Stardust tourney last December. I look forward to seeing you and everyone else next week (including "I'm not Worthy" Tex). thrasht

11. Reachy

Reachy New Member

What's the range on these boats then?

Any chance of a diversion over to Blighty to pick up me, Andy and Colin?

Cheers

Reachy

12. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Reach

Im sure you could get the captain to veer that way if you could convince him a London cruise had the temperatures at least as high as an Alaskan cruise! And lots of Killer Whales to boot!

B

13. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Global warming

I can guarantee rain and porbeagle sharks. Interestingly we have had several whales get lost and end up going down the Thames recently. Their compass is telling them to go West so they try and cut through. Unfortunately it's a dead end!

Cheers

Reachy

PS. what the hell is a baby back?

14. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Baby Back Ribs

short quality ribs from a young pork! Fat Bastard Loved them, thought Mini Me was a rack!

Attached Files: