Over sized mini tournaments

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (Other areas)' started by TXtourplayer, Jun 5, 2005.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Well it looks like the cruise tournaments will be like over sized mini tournaments. With the paid players and ones I know are still coming (but yet to pay), it looks like only 60 players.

Guess-a-mit of payouts based on 60 entries and 64 rebuy's:

$300 X 60 entries = $ 18,000, $150 X 64 rebuys = $ 9,600, = $ 27,600.
    (Note: each entry will have a $20 fee for expences)

1st = $10,600
    2nd = $ 5,000
    3rd = $ 3,000
    4th = $ 2,000
    5th = $ 1,500
    6th = $ 1,000
    7th - 18th = $400

Now there is still a chance of getting more players if we get some late sign up's and or players on board the ship (their entries will be a little higher to help off set the dealers cost). The more players the higher the prize pool will be.

As of now I am only planning on bringing 6 blackjack tables, (I can't see using any more then that). I was hoping for a little better turn out for our first tournament cruise, but we have to start somewhere. Hopefully this will be the start of bigger and better tournament cruises to come.

Still about 1/3 of the players will be making money in each tournament and with the lower turnout we will all have more time to enjoy the cruise.

We will offer live Sit & Go tournaments throughtout the cruise, all you have to do is tip the dealers and I'll let everyone use the tables and equipment free of charge. Players will decide the entry and payout amounts befor ethe start of each game.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  2. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Sit and Go on the cruise

Rick,

I like the idea of offering sit and go on the cruise. Hopefully that will be a hit. Have you thought about structuring it like the global player sit and go? Seems like most people will be familiar with that structure and payouts.

Pat

3. TXtourplayer

Thats what I was thinking

I agree, I think the sit and goes should be run simular to the way they are online at Global. I am sure I will twik them just a little, but not that much. With some of the players that will be on board I am sure the entry might be a little higher (possible some $500 to $1,000 entries with these guys) should be fun to watch....LOL

4. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Agree With Sit n Go's

I like the idea of sit n go's too. Another idea is sign-up sheets for one-table tournaments with date/time and entry fee. The times would probably be after dinner on the days we're in between ports of call, but could also be during days for the players who don't care to disembark the ship all day. The cruise director would probably be glad to accomodate this sign-up sheet system. The entries could vary, and the players could agree to change them once they're seated at the table. That way players who don't know each other can get together for tournaments. These one-table tournaments would be a way for players who've never met before to get to know each other, and would probably help players who don't know anyone to get more tournament opportunities.

5. TXtourplayer

Please remember

On the cruise sit and go tournaments, I will offer the players the use of the tables and other supplies. However the dealers will be seperate, the players will have to pay and or guarantee tips for them to deal these events.

Now on the sit and go events I will play in some of these, but I WILL NOT be playing in any of the main tournaments.

I will post the final payouts percentages and a tenitive tournament schedule (with locations) for the main tournaments within the next couple of weeks (sooner if Carnival gets back with me before then).

The sit and go events payouts will be up to the 5 to 7 players at each of those events. These events are individual and seperate from the main tournaments.

*ADD ON RULE: this will be for all tournaments. NO smoking, NO drinks, No food on the tables at anytime.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2005