PlayBJX

Discussion in 'Ideas to Promote or Improve Tournaments' started by KenSmith, Feb 26, 2008.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

A new entry to the world of tournament blackjack is PlayBJX, whose online demo game is now ready for limited testing.

I've taken the liberty of cross-posting some information that the company shared at the BlackjackInfo site:
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    This is an open invitation to all on the site to get an early look at the flash software version of BlackJack eXtreme. Until we get a few known issues solved we are playing the game at 6 seat sit-and-go tournament tables by appointment. Just email and I'll arrange a game. David.BJX@gmail.com

Our new game, BlackJack eXtreme is a completely different way of playing. The dealership passes to the next player after each hand. The cards are dealt one up and one down. The dealer rolls his own, and may surrender after seeing players have "adjusted" their bets before showing their hole cards. The dealer may hit ANY soft hand and once the game is down to two players at the table (true "heads up") he/she can hit any hand -hard or soft.

Our flash software is now playable although not quite ready to open up to general play. However, it is working well enough that the basic elements of the game operate well. One question we have is how much advantage, if any, will card counters have in this "poker-like" play environment?

We play with two decks, shuffles when 26 or fewer are left prior to starting a new deal. All dealt cards are supposed to be shown. No burn cards.

I'll announce games on this site or send me your email address to receive notices when a game is scheduled which you like to join. RSVP suggested. PS once you get to know your way around the site you're free to play or set up games any time.

----------------------------------
    Rules are available at http://www.playbjx.com