Quick advice

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by DCB, Jun 24, 2017.

1. DCB

DCB Member

Playing in an invitational tonight in 3.5 hrs. Just found out that there will be a secret bet on the last hand of each round, where in the player may go ALL IN. Any advice appreciated!

2. The_Professional

The_Professional Active Member

In this case, most people play big or all in. So, you should count on that fact in estimating your bet. Try to be BR1 going to the final hand and then see if you can match BR2 bet which is likely to be all in. Make sure to keep at least one chip unbet in case everyone goes all in and the dealer take everyone's bet.

gronbog likes this.
  3. DCB

DCB Member

Thank You. Is there any case for going small if you know everyone is going to bet large? Also, how do I bet if BR2?

4. DCB

DCB Member

The other problem is that for the first two rounds, two players advance. I have no idea how to play a two player advance strategy with a secret all in possible bet!

5. The_Professional

The_Professional Active Member

Going small is risky because someone could lock you completely. The only time I would go small is if I am certain that doubling my bankroll will not get me to advance. If you do not want to bet big, you can bet half of your bank roll minus one chip. Once you know what everyone is betting and what the cards are, you can decide whether or not to double or split to get more money on the table. If you did, you will still end up keeping 2 chips just in case.