UBT & CBS signs deal

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by kennye, May 11, 2006.

1. kennye

kennye New Member

May 11, 2006

CBS SPORTS DEALS “ULTIMATE BLACKJACK TOUR”

CBS Sports announced today a two-season commitment to broadcast the ULTIMATE BLACKJACK TOUR as complementary programming to its fall sports lineup.

CBS Sports will broadcast the first of ten ULTIMATE BLACKJACK TOUR programs on Saturday, Sept. 16 (2:00 PM, ET). Additionally CBS Sports has committed to broadcasting a second season beginning in Spring 2007.

THE ULTIMATE BLACKJACK TOUR, founded by world-renowned gaming expert Russ Hamilton, is a special series of Elimination Blackjack™ tournaments with a unique patent-pending format that gives the “average Joe” a chance to play alongside the best players in the world such as World Blackjack Champion Ken Einiger, as well as poker champions like Phil Hellmuth, Johnny Chan, and Annie Duke.

“This special Elimination Blackjack™ is a unique format that should create excitement for the viewers,” said Rob Correa, Senior Vice President Programming, CBS Sports. “We feel this will be a great companion to our existing Saturday afternoon lineup.”

“CBS is the perfect partner for this venture,” said UBT executive producer, Houston Curtis. “After meeting with the top broadcast and cable outlets in the country, we consider it the ultimate validation of our concept to be associated with one of the world's foremost leaders in sports programming.”

The deal with CBS Sports foreshadows big things for the UBT as Blackjack is already a significantly more popular game than poker in the U.S. and worldwide. “Poker has gone crazy,” said Hellmuth, a nine-time WSOP Champion. “Now you have another tournament game of skill. The UBT is going to be huge.”

The special, patent-pending “elimination” format contains “forced eliminations,” “secret bets,” and, for the first time, reveals the dealer's hole card to the audience. These elements combine to add a heightened sense of drama that's unlike anything the genre has ever seen. “The UBT has figured out how to make blackjack exciting for television and I'm absolutely hooked,” said poker champion Duke. “It was a blast to play and equally exciting to watch.”

UBT producers invited more than 100 of the world's top card players to compete in Las Vegas for a chance to play in one of seven “Final Table” championship events in Los Angeles and win a share of over one million dollars in prize money. The seven championship programs, along with two special programs – the “Legends of Blackjack” and the “Ladies of Blackjack” – plus the “UBT Tournament of Champions” were shot at CBS Television City.

The second season will follow a defined worldwide tour schedule and be open to the public. Additionally, players will be able to compete for a seat at each event's final table by playing in free Elimination Blackjack™ competitions on the ULTIMATE BLACKJACK TOUR’s official website, PLAYUBT.COM. The site will also provide Elimination Blackjack™ playing tips and in-depth analysis of the televised events.

In an effort to generate massive awareness about the Tour and enhance the standard slotting of network promos, UBT Chief Marketing Officer Larry Kopald said that discussions are underway with major sponsors and promotional partners in preparation for a national media blitz scheduled to coincide with the launch of the series on September 16.

The UBT is produced by Blackjack Entertainment, headed by executive producers Houston Curtis of Big Vision Entertainment and top entertainment attorney, Jon Moonves. Also serving as executive producers are Sam Korkis and Mark Ganshirt of Red 23 Entertainment.

UBT Contacts: Howard Bragman 323/556-9700 Howard@FifteenMinutes.com

Ryan Croy 323/556-9700 Ryan@FifteenMinutes.com

Fifteen Minutes PR

CBS Sports Contact: Jerry Caraccioli 212/975-7466 gwcaraccioli@cbs.com

Jerry Caraccioli

Manager, Communications

CBS Sports

51 W. 52nd Street

New York, NY 10019

212/975-7466

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Wow! Very impressive. Congrats guys! I can't wait!

3. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Great News!

This is exciting news. Hopefully as the time draws nearer someone will be able to tell us which order they will show the rounds being played.

Also Kennye, is the UBT email working? I signed up several times over the past months but have never received any emails. Is anyone else getting emails from UBT? I don't want to miss the tourneys when they start.

Pat

4. kennye

kennye New Member

There is a auto responce being hooked up. There hasn't been any e mails going out.

Kenny E.

5. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Emails

Thanks Kennye. I found the link on LVA and signed up there too. Maybe I will get an auto response once it is working.

Pat

6. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Congrats!

Wow!

What you have all accomplished is a short period of time is amazing!

Sidekick

7. KenSmith

PTaylor, don't worry, BJT won't let you down on the news. When the games launch, you'll see it here as well.

8. KenSmith

9. That is certainly some encouraging news for the future of tournament blackjack. Congratulations on a job well done.

10. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Television

Can’t wait for UBT.
    Does anyone know when the shows will be screened outside of America?
    Given that European players will be playing on the Internet it would be nice to have a look in and see what’s going on.
    Or will we have to wait a year like WSOB?
    Andy

11. eastexaspro

eastexaspro Member

playubt

this is the site that will let us know whats going on.i am having trouble with the connection being very slow.if you are also having trouble pleas let me know.eastexaspro

12. Springbac

Springbac Member

Congratulations

All of us in the BJ community really appreciate all of the time and great investment you have risked, but it appears that all is well and a baby is about to become a giant. I am so excited about the prospects for the growing popularity that this can generate. Thanks for a job well done.:)