Which night for BJT Poker night?

Discussion in 'Other Games Events' started by KenSmith, Jul 30, 2005.

?

Which night is best for you? (multiple choices OK)

1. Mondays (Football conflict?)

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Tuesdays (ESPN WSOP)

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Wednesdays

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  4. Thursdays (Kenny E Radio show)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fridays

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Saturdays

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  7. Sundays

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  8. Who cares? I won't play anyway.

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Let us know which night(s) are best for you to participate in a weekly Texas Hold'em get-together among the BJT regulars.

I still think 9 PM Eastern is the best time, as it is not too late for the East Coast and hopefully not too early for the West.

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Tue/Wed

I still like Tue. or Wed. for poker night. Wed.

Wed. we will be through with Global hours before we start the poker anyway.

Tue. I won't worry about the TV poker, it will be on 3-4 more times that week anyway.

Bottomline I will play whenever the majority agrees.

3. pokernut

pokernut New Member

Any night but Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday as I play in Live poker tourneys those nights.

4. BJ SWEETHEART

BJ SWEETHEART New Member

Tuesday or Wednesday, either is fine with me :)

5. TXtourplayer

How many?

Ken how many players are we talking about for the Sit & Go poker tournaments?

Should we start with 9 or 10 and then go up to 18 - 20 players?

Maybe offer two tables (two tournaments) to start off with?

I am just thinking about the Global Sit & Go events, If we start with a 18 - 20 tournament and only 16 players show up were stuck until we get the others (if ever that night).

Starting off I guess we will need to do a first come first sever situation, all with pre-paid entries to avoid any delays.

We all know how much waiting at a sit & go event to start gets very boring. Hopfully by pre-paying and setting up limited seating (with a set starting time) will move these events along at a faster pace.

Hopefully we can get a nice little group for a regular online poker night party.

6. The GameMaster

The GameMaster New Member

Hello, all.

For what it's worth, from time-to-time I play in a $10+$1 NLHE private tournament that's run by a bunch of posters over at twoplustwo.com (it's not an official event sponsored by the site), which is held at Poker Stars. The way it's set up there, only a minimum of 9 is needed to get it going; if 12 or 25 or 35 show up, the number of tables is adjusted automatically to fit in all the players and the number paid is increased as well. For example, with 9, three places are paid with 35, four places are paid, etc. The tournament ("Atlantic Trout") has a specific starting time, so you're either in or you're out.

Hopefully the room you find to host this, Ken, will be able to do the same or similar so that the tournament starts on time or is cancelled if the minimum doesn't show up.

Basically any night is good for me.

GM

7. TXtourplayer

Downhome poker

Ken a new site called Downhome poker contacted me earlier this month and are willing to host private Sit and Go tournaments at this time. I was going to set one up until I saw your post. If you can't find a site let me know and I will hook you up with these guys, they are willing to work with us.