You may need permission to leave or enter the US

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by KenSmith, Nov 6, 2006.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

From a recent Sovereign Society Newsletter:

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Now You Need Permission to Exit or Enter the Country?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Today's comment is by Mark Nestmann, our Wealth Preservation & Tax Consultant and President of The Nestmann Group.
    Dear A-Letter Reader:
    Forget no-fly lists. If Uncle Sam gets its way, beginning on Jan. 14, 2007, we'll all be on no-fly lists, unless the government gives us permission to leave-or re-enter-the United States.
    The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (HSA) has proposed that all airlines, cruise lines-even fishing boats-be required to obtain clearance for each passenger they propose taking into or out of the United States.
    It doesn't matter if you have a U.S. passport-a “travel document” that now, absent a court order to the contrary, gives you a virtually unqualified right to enter or leave the United States, any time you want. When the DHS system comes into effect next January, if the agency says “no” to a clearance request, or doesn't answer the request at all, you won't be permitted to enter-or leave-the United States.
    The entire article is here:
    http://www.sovereignsociety.com/offshore1882.html

Can you say slippery slope? I knew you could.
    [/FONT]

2. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

Is this for real?

I am not an American, so I have to be carefull with my comments. How can you guys put up with this bullshit. Land of the free?:joker: :joker: :joker:

3. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Well....

...I find it a little scary :eek: ! Like BJFAN I don't want to say too much about what I know little about but.... No, shut up Reachy!!!!!

4. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Wah Wah Wah.....

Click on the link in that article and read the fine print

This is NOT for everyone but the select few who the government has reason to believe are a threat/risk to National Security.

This crap used to happen all the time - see J Edgar Hoover and his files - the only difference is not it is public knowledge.

Don't do anything wrong - don't be a screw up - don't plan on hijacking anything and abide by the laws and you "shouldn't" have anything to worry about.

All this is, when it comes down to it, is profiling. So what's wrong with that? If I were a cop and I wanted to find drunk drivers I would sit outside of bars waiting for the drunkards. Same thing applies here.

Sometimes.....the sky is falling.....the sky is falling......the sky is falling.......:laugh:

5. noman

noman Top Member

Not only slippery slope, but a mud hill climb:

Regardless of what J Edgar and other clandistine operations in the US Gov did in the past, most of us are losing our hard fought and well thought out rights(also read responsibility goes like a siamise twin to that.)

And, if you, meaning anyone, opts for safety and security over what were personal freedoms, then okay. We used to have inteligent debates on what was best for the country while adhering to fundamental principles.

Now with the enactment agencies, given blanket power by congress to conduct themselves anyway they see fit, with limited oversight, which is congress' duty when they empower an enactment agency, you, we, I,, don't get the constitutional protections, unless the dispicable ACLU jumps in.

Regardless of the chickaniry of the Internet Gambling Bill's inclusion, the real "SIN" is that there again Congress washed its hands of procedure, penalties and enactment to a bureaucratic, non rational, non thinking "Agency."

In addition to "payoffs" "campaign contributions" "trips" "gifts" "drugs" "booze" and "women" Or little boys and girls, one area not looked at very closely is that of the "career" congressional staffers. Some who have been inside the belt way for thirty years, going from one congressional staff to another. Their man gets defeated and their resume is all over town to the newly elected or the retaines who need staff. These folks are actual immune from bribary, know how the system works and are relied upon by the elected for information, that the elected don't bother to check for themselves.

As in any clique, these folks have an agenda and unfortunately as naive as we all are that our elected officials would do the right thing, they are mostly controlled by these professional staffers with like minded agendas.

So, it ain't that the "sky is falling" It really is the little boy who cried.."WOLF, WOLF, WOLF!"

6. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

fgk42 & noman

like you all seem to believe - 'don't do anything wrong and you don't have to worry' - so - WHO defines what is WRONG??? - answer that question please - seems to me that is the critical question - it is certainly not you and I - it is some would be dictator sitting in the White House who wants to impose his concept of right and wrong on us without any controls and limits - that's what is called fascism -

7. Reachy

Reachy New Member

and they're off....

8. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

It's still just a buck o' five

Does this mean the right-wing gun rack crew in this country will have to come up with a new saying besides "love it or leave it"?

"Love it or leave it...if you get permission first."?

9. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

How About

"Love it or we won't let you leave it"

10. noman

noman Top Member

Cuz:

You misrepresent me. Perhaps my post was too long and introduced some little known hiccups in our system. Be that as it may.

I state unequivocally, I'll take freedom and personal rights(along with personal responsibility) over safety or pretentious safety, anytime.

Anthony Cabot, the legal eagle writting in the most recent issue of ALL-IN, in the poker section, eloquently stated it and brought up a "foundation" name we in passing discussed as required reading. Re visit John Locke.

11. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

12. tgun

tgun Member

Right bjfan, but we still have more freedoms than you do!

tgun

13. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

Sorry tgun.

Certainly did not mean to offend in anyway.

14. tgun

tgun Member

accepted

Thanks for the concern. We could banter such issues for the rest of our lives. I know that I would never quit defending my country and sure you feel the same about yours. Neither is perfect.

tgun

15. marichal

marichal Member

hey ken;
    interesting article. another way to take our freedom. by the way, are you reading the posts about golden palace. i have had terrible customer service and have been cheated out of monies. this is a horrible site. i have the upmost respect for yourself, but wonder why you would be involved in any situation with this business. i have tried to get a small amount of monies back via phone calls and emails. they will not respond or help. any suggestions.

steve

16. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

Just like a goody-two-shoe Canadian - :flame: - dude - stand up to that ploppy tgun - don't let him put down your country

17. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

How about a constructive response

Let the guy (BJFAN4) be. He already apologized. And besides, all he was implying is that we can protest any decision by our government without fear of being hung. I personally don't consider the comment derogatory. Why not answer the inquiry instead of blasting it? Much more constructive and besides, I'd like to know the answer also. Food for thought.

PS: We can avoid WW III this way too. :D

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  18. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

Lot's of Angst around here

Angst

n : an acute but unspecific feeling of anxiety; usually reserved for philosophical anxiety about the world or about personal freedom [syn: Angst]

I think that we should focus our energies towards the issues that are important to all of us regardless of nationality.
    Amongst many others,

1) The right to play BJT online.
    2) The bonus dollars unresolved issue at UB/Get21
    3) The need for Golden Palace, with the help of our administrator, to clean up their cs support and their poor technical performance.
    4) Better communications from the UBT folks without any secrecy and disinformation.

My take anyways. Unleash the dogs of war.:joker: :joker: :joker:

19. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Re-focus

HEAR! HEAR! Yes, let's focus out attention and energy to why we are all here: BLACKJACK TOURNAMENTS