2-advance online regularity challenge 2021 - Belgium Blackjack Trophy Online - Liège - Belgium

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (Other areas)' started by KenSmith, Feb 1, 2021.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

2. BughouseMaster

BughouseMaster Active Member

Where do the 2 that advance go to?

3. BughouseMaster

Also please add the times as I didn't find any listed!

4. KungFox

KungFox Member

Haha, it's only a title ! Meaning : for every 7 Premium players registered, there'll be a minimum of two vouchers to win ! Because there are already 21 Premium, 6 vouchers are at stake, and counting !

As times will vary, you'll have to go to the site now and then, but 1 & 2 pm CST will be the norm.

Thx for your interest !

5. BughouseMaster

Can you guarantee that someone buys the voucher from me ? The only thing holding me up from becoming premium is being stuck with all these points and no one buying the voucher off from me.............

6. KungFox

KungFox Member

It would be surprising that no french or belgian participant would buy them back from you... with a discount. ;-)

BughouseMaster likes this.
  7. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

KungFox, was it intentional that the next scheduled events are at 02:00 and 03:00 Belgian time (this evening for North America but very early tomorrow for Europe)?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  8. KungFox

KungFox Member

Yes ! As some new entrants from North America still haven't played at all, I wanted to prepare them a little play slot, as an experiment... Beside this, feel free to give me your preferred play times !

9. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

I see. For me, afternoons are better for me than evenings, so the previous time slots worked well. I can also see how evenings would work well for many Monday through Friday, but on weekends, I would suggest keeping it to the daytime for the timezone you are targeting.

10. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Now that we have an official thread for your site, I would like to repeat my request for a change to the way surrender is handled. Currently, the player's cards remain visible and 1/2 of the original bet is shown. The problem is that, if you don't remember what the original bet was, you might think that the player stood.

I suggest that after surrendering, minus 1/2 of the player's original bet should be shown. That way it is clear that it was a surrender.

11. KungFox

KungFox Member

Actually, the surrender option is slowly, but completely disappearing here in Europe, and wasn't even planned into the site. I managed to let it be integrated on the last minute, but the way it has been implemented makes it now very difficult for me to modify the way it shows, according to an external "auditor". Unless I give away an arm, or a kidney... ^^ Sorry !

12. BughouseMaster

My suggestion is for a "ding" or "bell" or some sort of sound indication when it is our turn to bet/act. If that's not too hard to implement it would be great!

13. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

As an experienced software developer, I can tell you that this would be a one line change in the program code. The program clearly already handles surrender and displays half of the original bet. All it needs to do is negate that value before displaying it.

If you're saying that the code needs to be audited by some regulatory body before it can be deployed, then that's a completely different matter which has nothing to do with any difficulty with the implementation.

14. KungFox

KungFox Member

Problem is : I can't find which one(s) among the 7700+ lines, and I severely suck at the ReAct language...

It was also a way of saying that the initial developer left me with the code "as was", asserting it was playable and stable, and that the volonteering new developer I'm trying to hire is still to be found, alas... (Either I stumble across 8-USD/h-"messbringers" based in India, or on commercial offers suggesting to start everything all over from scratch at a discount tariff of 70 €/hour OR 20 K€ bundled) On a legal and tax point of view, the app has already been "audited" (evtl. infringements to belgian gambling laws, copyrights, GPDR, etc.)...

Still searching...

15. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

I don't know the ReAct language, but I guarantee that I can find the one line of code that needs changing very quickly and I'll do it for free. I'll agree to any NDA you want and, if you want, I'll agree to make simple changes and fixes for free on an ongoing basis or I will delete the code from my computer once this change has been made.

I'm very interested in learning about web-app development, so this would be a win-win.

KungFox and BughouseMaster like this.
  16. KungFox

KungFox Member

Now, THIS is a good piece of news, thank you, Gronbog !

Can I use the e-mail address you stated for your registering in BBJTO to send you the .zip containing the latest build ?

Let the win-win roll !

KenSmith and BughouseMaster like this.
  17. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Yes, please use that email address.

18. BughouseMaster

Sounds like some good things are coming!