$25000 BJTournament at Hard Rock, MS - 2/22

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by BughouseMaster, Feb 23, 2020.

1. BughouseMaster

BughouseMaster Active Member

After a CraZZZZZZZY tournament, yours truly was able to make it to the Final Table again and finish 2nd!

More details later as I'm just on my phone and wanted to update you fine folks at the BJT world.

gronbog likes this.
  2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Congrats on another nice finish!

BughouseMaster likes this.
  3. BughouseMaster

Ken, you probably can top this with all of your Blackjack tournament experience, but in the RE-BUY round, this was especially crazy (Moses witnessed this as well):

Hand 10 (out of 12) just finished. There are about 5 of us left at the table including myself @ BR3 with chip count: 10,200. BR2 was 15,500, then the chip leader who just won his all-in 16K bet now has 32K. I ended up winning the table !

Attached Files:

KenSmith likes this.
  4. BughouseMaster

Ken, have you ever came back from a bigger deficit then I did with only 2 hands to go? Would love to hear about some of your memorable BJ tourns!

5. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Remember that the size of a deficit/lead is relative to the maximum you can bet. It appears that this was a no limit tournament so, with you having 10,200 and BR1 having 32,000, the gap was less than 2 maximum bets (10,200 and 20,400). Substantial but not really an unusually large gap at all with 2 hands remaining.

I once came one card away from overcoming a deficit of 5 times the maximum bet on the final hand. There is a post about that here somewhere. I also once lost a lead of more than 3 times the maximum bet on the final hand. Play enough and you will see many amazing things!

6. BughouseMaster

Wow ! Can you elaborate on that more please?

7. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Think multiple splits with doubles.

8. BughouseMaster

Could you find that post and link it?

9. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

10. BughouseMaster

I did. Quite interesting, indeed!