$50,000 Carnival Games Tournament - Great Blue Heron Charity - Port Perry, ON - Canada

Discussion in 'Other Games Events' started by gronbog, Mar 4, 2015.

1. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

2. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Now here's something a little different. A tournament where four different "carnival" games are played: Let It Ride, 3 Card Poker, 4 Card Poker and Mississippi Stud Poker. All 4 games are played by each player during each session in order to accumulate a combined score for all 4 games. The top players from all 4 tables then advance out of the session to the next round. In the first round, it will be the top 6 out of 24 players (6 at each table -- 1 table for each game) from each session that will advance. If it is anything like their other events, there will be a semi final round which will use the same format and a final round which, based on the prize structure will consist of 12 players.

3. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Does anyone know what the success rate is for playing blind in Four Card Poker? That is, the percentage of times you win if you never fold?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  4. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

The reason I was asking was, of course, because I was preparing to play in this event (at which I enjoyed no success at all). Having only a few hours before my first session, I did a quick experiment by playing blind for 200 hands online and my success rate was 32%. A small sample but perhaps a rough ballpark in the absence of any better information.