A time to unite...

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TXtourplayer, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Prospect

Prospect Member

How's this?

Attached Files:

• UBT.JPG
      UBT.JPG
      File size:
      111.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Archie

Archie New Member

Wow!!! Was it as easy as they said? Would you manage fast enough to take and image like this in a live play situation? If yes, how long?

3. Prospect

Prospect Member

Yes, it's doable. Just be quick with the keyboard!

4. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

Yes Archie...gotta have fast fingers.....to capture the correct screen shot.

The screen shot is unnecessary though....Customer Service can review every hand of every game if they want to.

Record the game number (top left), hand number...and the details ...

As the screen shot shows...there is no benefit to having the actual shot...CS can resolve this matter just as easily if you told them ...absent error, hand 1, game # 1234567-8.

The screen shot message is a canned reply...

Did you get any snow yet??? We had 2 feet two hours north of me...lol Buffalo really is quite the snow belt...

5. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

A picture may be worth a thousand words

I tend to agree that the requests being made (re-install the software, take a screenshot) are probably a standard reply, akin to the "are you sure it's powered on?" first level of help-desk response. However, I think you are wrong to say the screenshot is pointless in this case. Archie's screenshot would show an absence of any Hit, Stand, and other action buttons, which is the reason he says he could not act and was labelled absent.

I suppose the ideal screenshot would show this situation, with a couple of seconds left on the timer in the centre of the screen, showing that it is your turn to act and yet you have no possibility to do anything about it!

Any bug may well reside in the software that runs on the PC. There's nothing customer services can do in reviewing the hand from their end that will show what went wrong at Archie's end. Most likely they will just confirm that they didn't receive an action from him within the timeout period. There won't necessarily be any indication why not. Proof that the PC software didn't let him act would be a powerful piece of evidence.

I would think you just need to hit the PrintScreen key at the appropriate moment. All the other steps can follow later, when you've finished the game.

6. Archie

Archie New Member

In the hand you describe, I would have had time to take a Print Screen shot, but there was no real consequences because I only wanted to stand on a 20. I gave the info to CS just so they could investigate the glitch at my end.

But in another case, I don't think anybody could have acted fast enough to get the right Print Screen shot : being BRI, ahead by 27000 on the last hand of a final, I saw BR2 spot flashing for a long time (while my time was unknowingly elapsing thinking that I had position on him (the hand history proved me wrong. I was on the button).

When I saw an 11 for me and a hard 14 for my opponent, I believed I could not loose being in last position (his button, in my mind was flashing). I told myself : just cover whatever he does (he had no secret bet, I had one, from my perspective).That is what my mind and my eyes saw at the time. At the other end, the observers saw it differently, and I accept that.

Suddenly, surely after time elapsed for me on the button, my button flashed, a message absent appeared in a flash and I could not act anymore. If I had pushed the Print Screen button at the time, even Prospect would have only taken a shot of an absent message : the image would have shown a normal position consistent with hand history. Instantaneous. There is no way I could have hit the Print Screen in time.

If it's not an hallucination, then i'ts a glitch and if so, then tough luck. The winner should not be penalized for a glitch on somebody else screen. As somebody pointed to me, I still could have won if dealer had made any hand (he had a high card showing).

How could customer service see what I "hallucinated about" on my end while every observer confirms the hand history : from my perspective I did double up on the 11, did get a 21 later, but too late too do any good (I saw the card fall an turned up). My minimum bet (being declared absent) was not enough and BR1 won fair and square betting the right amount.

Do you think CS can see all the glitches on every individual screen with a print shot, I would ask?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  7. Joep

Joep Active Member

There are games on here ? Where are they ?

Joep

8. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

I'm not really sure what you are asking here. My only point was that a screenshot might not be totally useless in the particular case currently being discussed, even if it is just being asked for as a matter of course.

9. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

Techs can revew any play if you provide them with a game number and a hand number...they do not need a screen shot....in fact its almost impossible to capture a proper screen shot for this problem...by the time you get it the hand has moved on...unless you are ready and really fast...but the point is that it is un necessary..

They dont want to know...they want you to go away....

At BEt 21 thats what Im finding ...and every day it gets worse not better.

10. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

Joe,

You really need to move on..

You never answered anything about any issues when I was (am) having problems with Bet 21/UB site...sooo

Im trying to get the game fixed...so that all can enjoy a fair game...Im also trying to find answers as to why they promise things and then fail to deliver and further to fail again by not bothering to explain....these would be issues that anyone would normally question unless they had some reason to keep them hidden.

It hardly matters anymore as it appears to be down for the count...at least for US players...and without US players the game will fold...

Please try to move on and focus more on yourself and less on what I say...

Ken asked us all to move past the browbeating sarcasm and I wish to respect his wishes.

11. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

In deference to the title of this thread, I'm trying hard not to get angry.

Rando, I am a 'tech'. Software engineering is my profession. I know a lot more about such things than I do about blackjack (which isn't saying very much I suppose :) )

You've clearly had a bad experience with customer services, and you may well be perfectly correct about their attitudes, but it seems that you are allowing this to colour your response to everything anybody says.

On the technical issues, please just trust me.

12. Rogue

Rogue New Member

Here are the games

Of course there's games here, Joep...the favored one of late seems to be "Who can iritate Joep the most?" :laugh:

But I prefer..."Guess what Reachy's avatar will be next." :p

13. Archie

Archie New Member

Rephrase : If a specific glitch happens on only one individual screen, but not on the others, would CS see be able to see it a their end? Do you think they have the capacity to study the live game as it happens from my end? Not being technical, that seems impossible to me? But what do I know? I would be very surprised if CS could differentiate between individual screen and identify glitches of different nature happening at the other end?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  14. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

"In deference to the title of this thread, I'm trying hard not to get angry."

What in the world are you getting angry about?

Its great that you are a software tech...but are you saying that a tech can not review these games without a screen shot?

What exactly is making you angry?

The only color of my response is that the "screen shot required by CS is a red herring....

Im reporting my real experiences with this Customer service department...Ive sent screen shots and guess what ???They clam up...they stop short of resolving the issues.

This is the only thing that colors my posts...real experiences with real issues...

Why you are taking this personally I have no clue...this has nothing to do with you at all.

Good grief Charlie Brown...:eek:

15. pokernut

pokernut New Member

Rando21 there are plenty of complaints about their Poker Customer Unservice also. Examples from some poker Forums:
    kkiely
    September 29, 2006
    Correct me if i am wrong but i thought ultimatebet admitted using bots on its play money games.

Unregistered
    Would You Leave? September 29, 2006
    If you're wondering if the sites use bots, sit down on a play money heads up cash game. Fold and show every hand and take the maximum amount of time. Pretty obvious a normal person would get bored and leave. But it will go on for hours without a word. Sometimes after a long time, the employees are signaled something is wrong and they start talking asking what you're doing. It's pretty amusing.....check it out. Good Luck, you'll need it on Ultimatebet .

bad_dog76
    All Heed THE BIG STACK! September 24, 2006
    Great Tourney's on Ultimatebet. Many freerolls, one thing I noticed with this site, however was the amazing amount of times the big stack swallows the small stack in a tournament no matter what the hands are. I had the big stack at the table 15K one player went all in pre flop for his last 2720 with KK I called with QK. Flop came K 10 J turn A river 9. So I took the hand. Thought maybe I was lucky until the next time I called with J9 vs AA and flop came 9 J 9 turn K river 4. Finally the hand that won it for me was 8 10 vs A 10 when I hit my straight on the river. I've lost hands the same way in tournies. Just kind of weird. Am I the only one who sees the big advantage the big stacks have?

Vicfats
    September 22, 2006
    I will agree Ultimatebet's customer support is a joke. The best customer support is Doyle's Room even though their games kind of suck due to lack of traffic and willingness to put any money into the game

CubsFanSean
    Game are good but Ultimatebet's SUPPORT SUCKS September 22, 2006
    While I agree this site has good games, there support makes this all worth nothing. They never will refund money even if the site messes up. They don't care about their customers at all. They do not respond in a timely manner especially with live play issues and they are absolutely unwilling to admit that their site can have a glitch every once in a while. So, while I hate having to leave a site with such potential, their support is just absolutely 100 percent atrocious and worthless. People like Derek and others who work there should learn how to read emails and actually answer them instead of giving sorry but our records show blah blah blah. CUBSFANSEAN

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  16. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

No, they can't tell what's happening on your PC or anybody else's. That's precisely the point that Rando is refusing to grasp.

A screenshot may only be of limited use, but it may also be better than nothing, if only to convince them that you have found a genuine problem, even if it doesn't help them fix it.

Online gaming of any sort is an example of a client/server application; there is a program running on your PC (the client) and a program running on their central computer (the server). When they review their log of a game, what they have access to is one half of a conversation that took place between their computer and yours (plus those of the other players).

So, for instance, they might see a record that says a message was sent from the server to your client PC asking for your next action. No reply message was seen within the timeout period and so the server marked you as absent and selected a default action of 'stand' for you.

There is nothing in that record of events to distinguish between the case where you, the user, simply got distracted and failed to make a selection, and the case where the client software screwed up somehow and didn't allow you to make any selection (or did allow it but failed to pass the message to the server).

I hope all that makes some kind of sense. :)

17. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

Im not refusing to grasp the point...Im wide open here.

From my end I have honestly worked to check out the issues I had...I had my system and connection professionally checked.

My point remains that the site refuses to deal realistically or at all with a issue.

For example....they can certainly review the play and then ask themselves...gee do you think this guy purposely timed out and then stood on that 11 so that he would have almost no chance in hell of ever winning??? And then have that shown in 25 games listed by number and hand...

In each case a screen shot was impossible because who expects to never get betting tools menu to appear and that the screen simply bleeps to absent?

Ive solved the issue...I never get absent anymore. When the site refunds my the bad games I have documented...then I will solve it for anyone having an issue.

A good tech should have figured out this issue ...but as I have been saying...they simply think there is no problem and that games provided are not caused by any issue on their part. But what Im finding is that cetain systems do not work well with this game...even though these systems more than meet the min system requirements.

I understand what you are saying....the part you are missing is that they really dont think this issue is worth spending the time or money to solve...they bank on the fact that no one can really tell whos fault it is.

A side note about this site....anyone playing for the St Kitts "game only" event ...if you already have a seat ...you get paid "tournament dollars"....these dollars can not be used to play Black Jack...only poker....this is just like the deposit bonus issue where you can never earn the bonus dollars playing BJ.

A word to the wise.

18. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Yowee. I didn't know that. I won't be playing any more St Kitts qualifiers, or any other kind of event where I have already qualified. Thanks for letting me know that Rando.

19. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Unity is restored

OK. I'm glad we are on the same page now. I assure you I was not missing the point you were making about the poor level of customer service. How could anyone possibly miss it? It's not as if you've been reticent on the subject. :)

I made a point of saying that you were probably right about the requests for screenshots and re-installs being a stock response, rather than the result of any considered reasoning. I just pointed out a couple of technical inaccuracies in what you said about what can and can't be achieved by reviewing game logs etc., and this seemed to prompt you into labelling me as some sort of defender of Customer Services who must therefore be refuted at every turn. That's why my mood was veering towards the angry end of the spectrum.

20. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

Well, I have way more experience than I want trying to fix these issues with Customer Service..

I really do love this game and I think it has the potential still to become a strong contender in the gaming world.

I started out having these annoying time out..(absent) issues. I made big efforts to sort out every possibility that this was my systems fault or my ISP,s fault...I didnt really care...I just wanted it fixed so I could play on a level playing field...

When my system checked out ...although it isnt a 2006 unit it is well within the system requirements listed for the game...

Quite by accident , frustration , and frankly my hardheaded approach to trying to fix everything...I stumbled onto a setting that allowed the game to play perfectly...well to play without the absent..time out issue anyway.

When customer service still bothered to answer my requests for help they gave the screen shot, delete and reload the game, or even "Our Poker games work perfectly!" excuse...

Poker games???Why are you trelling me aout the poker games....thats when I realized no one was really reading the detailed description I was taking the time to write so that the issue could be quickly resolved...or that I gave enough that someone could help with a fix....I never got anything....

Dumb luck allowed me to discover that if you turn off Full Animation in the options menu that my game would now run in time with the dealer chat time...my tools now pop up when needed...and I can act on Insurance, bets surrender....even when I am on the button...I couldnt do any of that before...

Why couldnt CS or the techs suggest that oh...maybe after the tenth or fifteenth time I begged for help...insted of never?

Im a dumb aZZ farm boy really...I guess Im use to fixing things with duct tape and bailing wire...didnt know that carried over to the computer too..LOL

Anyway ...Im done now....I can play...and just about the time I got it workin...the friggin govt pulled the rug out from under me....As a decorated war vetran I especially resent that I must be some kind of criminal for wanting a little home entertainment for myself...screw that!

LOL