Any computer techies out there?

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by ptaylorcpa, Feb 3, 2005.

1. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Recording online play to your computer

I was wondering if there is a good cheap way to capture blackjack tournament play from my computer screen so I could go back later and watch it to see how I could improve my bet and play? I know there are several video capture cards out there that I might install. Do they work? Is this the right solution or is there a better one?

I thought of just putting my camcorder behind me and recording the screen as I played, but that seemed kind of low tech.

Subsequent to my post, I found this neat software which allows you to record any or all of your screen. You can set it to just record the window that opens when you play the blackjack tournament and it will record in .avi format a movie of what you record from the time you hit record to stop, and it allows you to pause also. Seems pretty slick, and the price is right... free! It is shareware, so if you decide you like it and will use it, I suggest paying the $40 fee for it. I don't know how big the files will get if you record a long time, so be sure to check your hard drive before putting to much on it.

The website is www.hyperionics.com and the name of the program which you can download from it is called hypercam.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005