Any tournaments that are not invite only?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Ewok, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Ewok

Ewok Member

Are there any blackjack tournaments that are not invite or invitational only? I ask as i cant afford to be random traveling to say las vegas and trying to gamble or play at the required levels to get the invites. I am in mn, really enjoyed going to mississippi for there tournaments. any info if anyone know anything would be appreciated, going bannanas with out any tournaments or seeing tournament friends- seeing, talking etc

2. BughouseMaster

BughouseMaster Active Member

What is your level of play?

3. Trouble

Trouble Member

Check the website for the Golden Nugget Las Vegas. EV for this tournament is not as good as it used to be. But the tournament is very well run and it is open.

4. BughouseMaster

You playing in it?

5. Trouble

Trouble Member

I would be playing in this tournament if I were not preping for back surgery.

6. BughouseMaster

I do agree it's not good value though these GN ones............ they want $400 and it's just a $75k event! For the small $50k ones they still want $300 and for the $100k's it's a whopping $500 EF just to get in, while if you play enough at TOTAL REWARDS they comp you in!

7. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

You can be comped into the GN events as well depending on your play. I often was comped back when I played it years ago.
    However, if I recall correctly, the entry fee is not the only expense at GN. I think you have to buy the mulligan option, and of course any rebuys even if you are comped. Those costs really add up.

8. BughouseMaster

Yup! That's what I was trying to do the last few days but the host I talked to wants HEAVY play and a lot longer time then I would want to put forth! From what I read on the rules, Mulligans are optional. I did, however, put an unexpected 3+ hours last night of play which would definitely help my case to be comped into the bj event! It's only $75k while the Bally's one at months end is double that and they've already comped me in it.

9. BughouseMaster

In short, the play that GN requires to get you in just for a measly 75k is too much. If it was a 150k just like TR I'd understand but gimme a break. Dont ask me to come in for several trips just to try to get comped in an event half the size as TR❗

10. BughouseMaster

FWIW: There's an event that might interest you - $50k BJ tourney at Golden Nugget on April 16-18 for a $300 buy-in.

11. Ewok

Ewok Member

I will have to check it out, thank you for the information

BughouseMaster likes this.
  12. Ewok

Ewok Member

I have only been to las Vegas 2 times in last year and almost all play has been at the Orleans at 15 average a hand, I am a thrifty person. I have played a little at other places trying to find out about tournament.

13. BughouseMaster

Unfortunately I don't think your level of play will get you comped to any of the TR ones, but if you are interested in checking out a tournament for yourself, you should go to Vegas to check out the $150,000 BJ tourney @ Bally's from Feb 26-28!

14. Ewok

Ewok Member

I finally got talked to someone at GN and then said there was no bj tournament scheduled for April. Do you anyone have a tournament schedule? Or name of person to directly contact there to double check. Thank you

15. Doc

Doc Member

Ewok, I hope you're doing ok. Good to hear from you. Don't think Running Aces has anything planned yet. Don't know if they will, until everything settles down. No other local tournaments yet either. Biloxi, maybe in the fall (?). Don't know for sure yet. The only tournaments I know about are in Vegas. I have the one at the Golden Nugget. Did the Pallazzo/Venetian once a few years ago, when they had an open tournament. Was playing both GN and Pallazzo in same weekend.

16. Ewok

Ewok Member

I have been to vegas a few times building up free rooms this year, but I can not get anyone at golden nugget to call me back about there tournament schedule. I heard there may be a cheaper one in April but can't get that confirmed.

17. Moses

Moses Active Member

GN has a $100K tournament 16-18 April.

johnr and KenSmith like this.
  18. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Does anyone have more details of this play requirement?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2021