BJT Freeroll Challenge Tourney!

Discussion in 'Other Games Events' started by fgk42, Jan 6, 2007.

1. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Ok then Barney, let’s compare apples to apples

You got me thinking about the freeroll situation and I think you’re right. Skill should prevail over ploppyism. I’m willing to give it another crack – are you?

Let’s have a TBJ.com challenge shall we? I’m starting the first FGK42 Freeroll Full Tourney! First Prize is a copy of the out of print, limited edition book, “You’ve Got Heat”. Yup, an honest to goodness book detailing the adventures of Barkarkel. I will mail it to the winner right after the contest.

(see here for more details http://www.amazon.com/Youve-Got-Hea..._bbs_sr_1/104-0501662-2131147?ie=UTF8&s=books)

Now here are the rules:

1. You must play a minimum of five (5) freeroll tourneys, not hands, to be eligible. Any entries with less than five (5) will be eliminated.
    2. You must supply your online user name BEFORE the end of the contest and preferably ASAP. This will eliminate anyone from mucking thru the past results, picking a name who advanced a few times and claiming it as their own
    3. Only one (1) user name per entry is allowed. For example is you have multiple on-line accounts, (Barney Stone, B Stone, B1 Stone, Barney S) the results can not be mixed and matched.
    4. Five tourneys does not mean five rounds. It means distinct separate tourneys.
    5. We will be using the PlayUBT.com freerolls for this competition. Tourney times are: 10 am, 2 pm, 4 pm, 7pm and 10 pm. Therefore you could play all five (5) in one day and be eligible for first place
    6. Contest starts on Sunday January 7, 2007 and runs until Friday January 19, 2007 10:00 pm freeroll. Therefore you have 13 days for possible entry (or 65 chances)
    7. Winner will be the player with the highest player rating
    8. Players must use the sample freeroll tourney log to place their entries. This will ensure uniformity.
    9. All participants agree to have their results posted on TBJ.com along with the rankings to be made public.
    10. In the event that a tie exists for first place the player who entered the most number of HANDS will be declared the winner of the first place prize. The two players will share the title of TBJ World Blackjack Champion and be automatically entered into the Legends of TBJ Tourney to be scheduled when I feel like it.

Any questions? No! Good, then let the competition begin!

2. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

I'm trying to post the table to use. It is an excell spreadsheat and won't upload!

3. Reachy

Reachy New Member

zip it up

Can you upload it as a zip file?

How does the ranking system work?

Cheers

Reachy

4. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Personally I wouldnt slum to the lows you request, but rest assured at UBT my better half will play. I have much better things to do be it work throwing darts at my Nancy Pelosi voo doo doll or picking my noses. Here Is the name my team will be using I smell victory and I can smell it well becaues both my noses are free of obstruction.

Ona Stone

5. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

What if you win a seat in the free roll? Can we drop playing the 5?

6. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

I'm too computer illerate to load the excel spreadsheet!

List the following:

date
    time
    number of players
    number of rounds
    for each round list # of players at table
    # of players advancing from that table
    Did you advance from that table 1 = yes 0 = no

7. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

NO. That's the purpose of playing 5 GAMES. If a person wins a seat they typically went 4 or 5 rounds and they're in. It doesn't give a long-term result. Heck even 5 tourneys isn't long-term but I want to prove, to myself, that if I concentrate and get over my "attitude" of slumming it in freerolls I can advance because I feel I am better than the "average" player at the freerolls.

Besides Barney, my Freeroll Tourney, my rules! You don't like it you don't have to play. :p

8. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Here's the excel file

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  9. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

10. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

ok fgk42

my screen name on UBT is RKuczek

I downloaded and set up your spreadsheet - and will submit results to you - I am starting with the tourneys tonight -

11. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Ona is chomping at her garter belt ready to play but a few days ago my house charger went out then the puppy ate the car charger cord! DHL was supposed to be here to day but NO. Looks like Monday her and I will be back in action.

12. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

I had a mistake in the original zip file. Thank you RZKuczek for pointing that out to me. The changes have been made. In the downloaded excel file I filled in the first line as an example. It was mine as I passed the first round on Sunday's 10:00 freeroll.

So far this contest is between RZKuczek and myself! Come on people jump in. What I know how to get more people involved:

FREEROLL CONTEST!

Grand Prize is a TELEVISED appearance
    to be determined on February 30, 2007 :joker:

13. Reachy

Reachy New Member

i'm in

Reachy21 is the name so count me in!

Played one yesterday and was reminded why I stopped playing them in the first place. Got through the 1st round no probs, minimum betting almost all the way watching the wildcatters dropping like flies. 2nd round was a different story as the dealer bust the first 3 hands leaving me ultimately needing to go all in by about hand 10 and missing whilst the wildcatters had $80K+. I'd much rather play real money games with a higher standard of play and the chance of a tangible prize at the end of it all.

Cheers

Reachy

14. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Your Turn

Barney,

In spite of your predictions and nay saying I have to thank you. It was due to your posts that I realized the “error of my ways”.

Thanks to your prodding I reviewed my records and style of play and viola – made it to a final playUBT.com final table in a freeroll! Yes, it took 2 ½ hours to compete and some of the play at some table was atrocious. But perseverance paid off! By the way you can check for yourself it was the Sunday 10 am tourney!

I want to thank you Barney for pointing out that yes skilled players will overcome ploppies – in the long run. Case in point!

So now it’s YOUR turn Barney. Skill or Ploppy?

Put up or …..:joker:

15. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

I already won my seat in the Vegas freeroll. I made semi table 33% of time and found it obvious against everything posted here fighting a field of plops is doable and that even my entry level skill playing EBJ pushed me deep into the game. Are we in freeroll same game on Jan15?

16. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Televised event freeroll? Where is it at bet21 dot net? I dont see it at bet21 or ub dot com.

17. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

FGK, congrats on earning your UBT spot. I played the same one just for kicks (already have a spot), and lost the first 8 hands while watching the wildcatters hit one home run after another. Such is life in freeroll EBJ land.... :p

This forum member's freeroll competition sounds like a lotta fun, although I probably won't be able to join in until after next weekend due to work schedule time constraints. Look out after that, though!!!

18. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

Is this contest for the Bet21 free roll or UBT or both?

I was the first name o win on the list for Bet21 therefore I should get bonus points....

I have downloaded the excell file but not sure it is the correct one...and I am as disorganized as all get out so I will probably never fill it out anyway...but maybe I can fudge it like I do with my taxes...shhhhhhhh keep that quiet.

Fred you called me a EBJ slut the other day...... I resemble that remark!!!

Lets get it on Sucka!!!!!!

Gee I wonder if any Legends will be joining in?....

I dont think the pros play because actually it is a much harder game then the tv invites and small table events they are use to....

heck I can win too if all I play are 7 seat final tables....

Lets see em get thru 1,100 wildcattin free rollin cheap skates who all took Krazykunuck, Debo34 EBJ lessons...;-)

One stand out PRO plays this game...I have seen Hollwwood Dave at the free roll table...all the rest are notable for their absence....maybe they already have this book????

Im in ....did I win yet?

PS...Hi Ona XOXO

19. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Ac/dc

Am I the only one who is starting to think that Barney and Ona are one and the same person? Barney is Barney during the day, but at night and weekends he becomes Ona...

Below are some pictures which I sure are a pretty close approximation of daytime and nighttime Barney/Ona

Cheers

Reachy

Attached Files:

20. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Reach your lady isnt going to be happy you are posting pics of her brother on the net! Ona and I are much better looking and I have not a hair on my chest! FYI