Book Collaboration

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Billy C, Sep 29, 2022.

1. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

We have a correction to the first printing of the book. At the bottom of table 51.1 there should be a legend stating:

Indices are surrender except
    d = double
    p = split

johnr likes this.
  2. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Thanks. I just added that to my copy.

Billy C

johnr and gronbog like this.
  3. PitchMan

PitchMan Top Member

I received my copy a few days ago. I haven't had a chance to do more than glance at it enough to see that there is a tremendous amount of information in it. Although it'll be a challenge for someone who sometimes has a problem remembering where my car keys are, I'm still anxious to dig into it. :)

Thanks to both of you for putting forth the effort to prepare the book that was surely not a small one.

4. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

I have some more news. There is now a Kindle edition of the new book!

https://www.amazon.com/Hi-Lo-Card-Co...%2C111&sr=8-18

And, while Amazon sells the hard copy for $39.99, Huntington Press has discounted it $10 to $29.99. So, you can now have both the Kindle edition from Amazon and the hard copy from HP for the same price that Amazon charges for the hard copy alone. Good deal!

Regarding the Kindle edition, a poster on another forum said:

"The Kindle version is great if you're mobile, you have Kindle on your phone and need a quick reference. When you click on the Table titles it brings up a list of links to all the other tables so it's really easy to navigate between the Tables."​

Lakegirl32, johnr and KenSmith like this.
  5. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Bought just now.
    In my new nomadic life, there was no way I could purchase the physical book. Problem solved!

6. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Another correction for the book :(

There is a recurring error in the List of Tables at the front of our new book. For all of the 2-deck games, the three Play-All spreads should be 1-4, 1-6, and 1-8, rather than the ones listed, which, unfortunately, are the 6-deck spreads. Fortunately, the headings of the actual tables themselves are all correct, and while that's surely more important, we certainly regret this error, which will be corrected in future printings and, hopefully, right away, for the Kindle edition.

johnr likes this.
  7. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Thank you.
    Noted and corrected!

Billy C

8. MrPill

MrPill Active Member

Congratulations on the book Dave.
    Pill

gronbog likes this.
  9. Ternamint

Ternamint Member

I look forward to "reading", more like studying, your new book. I posted some a couple years ago and was always impressed with your responses gronbog!

Will Don Schlesinger's blackjack index cards be updated based on this new work?

gronbog likes this.
  10. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Thanks for your kind words.

Good question regarding the index cards. I'll ask him!

11. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

I should have realized this before asking Don, but he does not have a set of published index strategy cards. He does have a set of basic strategy cards.

On the other hand, Ken Smith does have index strategy cards. There are probably some differences between his indices and ours, but there may be no practical difference in performance to warrant an update.

Ternamint and KenSmith like this.
  12. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I've been meaning to check my cards against your work, but I haven't done it yet. As you mention, any differences are probably of minor importance.
    But I would certainly consider a revision if needed next time I do a reprint. That would likely be a few years though, as I stocked up in 2022.

gronbog likes this.
  13. Ternamint

Ternamint Member

For cover, would the new indexes help? Possibly help to look like a ploppy?

14. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Our new indices are no more eyebrow-raising than the ones you already know.

15. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Those of you who have purchased the recent joint venture by Don and me, The Hi-Lo Card Counting System: A Complete Guide to Index Play, may have seen that we included a teaser consisting of a graph for the holding 8,8 vs T. The graph shows the EV of all available actions across a range of true counts allowing you to visually see where the indices are. We promised that the complete set would soon be available online, and now that promise has been fulfilled.

I am pleased to announce The Hi-Lo Card Counting System: A Visual Guide to Index Play.

There is one set of graphs for each rule set examined in the book. They are now available individually or in bundles for a discount at:

https://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/shop...ckjack/page/3/

Don adds:
    Available only online, each of the nine sets comprises hundreds of graphs that depict expected values for every player action on every holding against every dealer upcard for every reasonable true count. The amount of information contained in a single set of these graphs is truly staggering and exists nowhere else in such complete form. The graphs are entirely self-explanatory and are, unquestionably, an extraordinary reference tool.​

I hope those of you who are interested find the information interesting and useful. Enjoy!

KenSmith likes this.