Bye-Bye Blue Man Group

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by TXtourplayer, Feb 3, 2005.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Broadway Musical Hairspray Comes to Luxor

Also on klastv.com

Hairspray - The Broadway Musical

(Jan. 28) -- A Broadway hit is coming to Las Vegas as another show makes a move to another property. The Luxor announced Friday that it will replace the Blue Man Group with the Broadway musical Hairspray.

Hairspray has been a success in New York for several years. It's based on a 1988 John Waters movie. Hairspray is about a chubby girl in Baltimore in the 60s who achieves her dream of dancing on a local television show.

Hairspray is slated to open in late November. The original musical will stay in New York City.

Blue Man Group's last Luxor performance is scheduled for September 15. The Las Vegas Hairspray will be slightly different because it will be cut down to about 90 minutes and will not include an intermission.

The Luxor is renovating the 1,500-seat theatre where the show will be held. And organizers say giving the audience a good time will be the top priority.

Glenn Medas, with Mandalay Resort Entertainment, said, "What you're going to get with Hairspray is you're going to sit back, you're going to relax, you're going to laugh, and you're going to watch a lot of great fun, dancing and singing."

The Blue Man Group announced its departure from the Luxor months back. And Hairspray will now become one more recent Broadway transplant on the Strip. The Phantom of the Opera is set to open at the Venetian next year. While Avenue Q will open in September of this year at the new Wynn Las Vegas resort.

The new Las Vegas production of Hairspray is expected to cost $12 million. Tickets will be in the $65 to $85 range.

And those "blue guys" aren't going far. The Venetian will host the show and is building them a custom theater. Blue Man Group plans to open there on October 5.

2. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Is Marissa Jaret-Winokur still slated to be the lead? Or did she finally move on to the greener pastures of film and TV?

3. Joep

Joep Active Member

Now I Know How

Now I know how Txtourplayer gets that many post,So when is that Blue Man Group Tournament ? :laugh: Thanks i will put in on my to do list

4. TXtourplayer

Blue Man Blackjack Tournament!

The Venetian will host the first Blue Man Blackjack Tournament for $250,000 on Nov 15th - 17th, 2005.

I talked to them today, but they told me you couldn't play in it Joep. If you have any question call the new player devolopment manager Matt Sacca.

LOL! For all those reading this it is just a BIG JOKE directed towards Joep!

There is no Blue Man BJ Tournament.

5. Joep

Joep Active Member

Matt & I

Matt and I are very good friends.I believe in the near future he along with the rest of the camera hungry people at GVR who will just say anything to get on TV will be funding my bankroll to an even bigger magnitude.I might even drive him home from my BIG party celebrating my win.I would not want him to get another DUI. :laugh:

6. TXtourplayer

Big Hearted Joe!

Your a VERY COLD BLOODED MAN...LOL

Remind me not to get on your bad side...LOL

See you next week!

7. Joep

Joep Active Member

The Truth and nothing but the TRUTH

I only speak the truth.if thats what you call cold blooded.GUILTY as charged.Remember when you speak the truth you never have to remember what you said.See you in court GVR camera hungry whores. :flame: