Card Runs

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by FMike756, Aug 26, 2008.

1. noman

noman Top Member

Pay that much for fun?

From the tag line. "My strategy is to get Lucky."

2. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Clump

Fredguy,
    Sorry for delay but I was without internet access for a few days. Didn't see your post until this A.M.
    I guess that "clump" (like many words) can be interpreted differently by people. To me, it means several cards in a bunch and in THIS context, you would have a good idea what size cards they are.
    As for impacting the game, it depends on the location of the clump. If it's in the discard tray, about the only thing I can think of at the moment would be its effect on the running count. Very little impact. On the other hand, IF you can locate clumps in the undealt cards the impact is profound, I think.
    Feel free to correct me, if you disagree.

Billy C

3. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Tag line

noman,
    I never expected to feel compelled to explain it but here's how I came up with tag line.
    After playing tournaments for something like 20 years I can certainly appreciate the "last hand luck factor" that countless other tourney veterans will tell you about.
    Being this is a tournament website it seemed like an appropriate tag line for a forum dealing with a large audience of BJ tourney players that can all relate to that factor.
    I didn't feel the need to elaborate until now.

Billy C

4. Fredguy

Fredguy New Member

Clumpiness

Billy...

Ok, so from your explanation, I would guess that a clump is a non-random group of high (or low) cards, and I can understand that if one was countng cards,this might influence the running count.
    But how in the world can a person determine if the undelt cards contain a clump, and where it might be ?

Fred

5. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

You can't

Fredguy,
    I don't think you can. Nor can I or anyone else, in my belief. That's the reason for the big IF in my post.

Billy C

6. noman

noman Top Member

Billy C

Pshaw, pshaw, pshaw.

7. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Meaning?

My dictionary is OLD and I don't get out much. Please tell me the meaning of that word!

Billy C

8. Fredguy

Fredguy New Member

Pshaw

According to my 1965 edition of Websters Collegiate Dictionary:

Pshaw means: "used to express irritation, disapproval, contempt, or disbelief".

I guess Normal would have to tell you which one of those he meant, or maybe because he said it three times, he meant any three of the four.

9. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

And I'll spend the rest of my life trying to figure out which one didn't fit. How depressing that I came up one short!
    Good thing I'm not a suicidal person.

Billy C