ClubUBT, thanks for the cruise!

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (Other areas)' started by zweeky, Apr 14, 2008.

1. zweeky

zweeky Member

As some of you may remember, I had the good fortune to win a first cruise package on ClubUBT in mid-october AND a second cruise package in early november. I chose to invite 3 old school friends (not tournament fans like me) and it was the first cruise ever for all of us. This was such a fantastic week, a great vacation and a wonderful experience we will never forget.

It was an immense pleasure for me to meet Bonnie Leinhos, Joe Pane, swttazpie, bjmace, Spore/RJK1027, TedInNaples, pinklady, Monica Reeves and many others (can't name them all) from UBT, the online sites and the forums. I did not go every day to the gaming room and I hope nobody was mad at me for that, because I did chose to spend most of my time enjoying the other aspects of the cruise. I did however played just enough tournaments to get my ass kicked by TedInNaples, Spore, bjmace, Monica and many others ;-) Congrats to all winners! The tournaments were fun, exciting and well run. Dealers, directors and organizers were all very friendly and professional. Generous extras and gifts were given to all participants.

Now, I truly wish that ClubUBT cruises can become a big regular event. But most of all, please UBT, do not ever give up with blackjack tournaments. I realize how difficult it is to to increase the participation level significantly and to reach a popularity similar to the Texas Hold'em No Limit. But you did already succeed in finding an elimination blackjack tournament format that is attractive, addictive, exciting and very competitive. Please do continue your efforts in finding new ways to increase the popularity of this great tournament format.

Again, many thanks for this cruise that we all enjoyed so much.

Merci et à la prochaine.

zweeky