Congrats to BJT winners at the Bootleg Blackjack 150k - Beau Rivage - Biloxi, MS

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by KenSmith, Mar 13, 2016.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Great news from Beau Rivage...
    hopinglarry took first place for $50,000 (half cash / half promo chips), and deltaduke came in second.

Nice one/two victory from two dedicated and talented BJT regulars!

Congrats guys! Well done!

Cadillac Tim, PitchMan and gronbog like this.
  3. The_Professional

The_Professional Active Member

Congratulations!!

4. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Way to go Larry and Duke!!!

5. Moses

Moses Active Member

Way to go Larry and Delta Duke.

6. Cadillac Tim

Cadillac Tim Active Member

Great job Hoping & Delta!!

7. hopinglarry

hopinglarry Top Member

Thanks for the compliments.

My tournament rounds were a fine example of how much luck is involved in a win.
    In the first round, I lost because a person got a BJ and doubled catching a four against a dealer 8 and dealer busted.
    In the rebuy round I lost a 10 vrs 4 double to lose.
    I was drawn into the second round and won by getting a 20 on the last hand and splitting the 10's. Dealer busted and I won. Note that on this hand I had miscounted my opponents chips and he was ahead of me instead of me being ahead. I was last player and had time to recount chips so I had to split to win.
    On the semi final round, I was dealt a 20 and dealer hit to 19 making me the only winner.
    In the finals, I had 13 against 5. Hit and caught a 5. Dealer hit to 17 so I won the hand and the table.

As a beside. I was playing 10 line Video Poker a few hours before the finals. I was dealt a 4 card royal and caught 3 royals on the draw. About a .1% occurrence. When your hot your hot.

LeftNut, gronbog and KenSmith like this.
  8. hopinglarry

hopinglarry Top Member

One more comment on my miscounting the person's chips who was in contention. He was first player had 13 (I had 20) and appeared to me to be a sound player. He did not hit or DD and this confused me since he couldn't win by standing. So I decided to recount his chips. If I would have thought he was a bad player I might not have recounted. From what I remember the first card I got would have busted dealer if I had not hit and I would have been surprised at the count as he beat me.

9. The_Professional

The_Professional Active Member

Congratulation hopinglarry!! Well deserved.

10. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Great news - congrats to both of you!!!!!!!!

11. S. Yama

S. Yama Active Member

Great job, both of you guys!
    Well deserved,
    Congrats,

S. Yama