Converting bonus to cash on GP

Discussion in 'Other Games Events' started by ptaylorcpa, May 24, 2006.

1. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to best convert bonus dollars to cash on Global? I won $200 bonus and was trying to convert it from bonus to cash by playing BJ, but after 30 minutes of play I was back to my starting balance and when I checked my account I had only converted $2.50 from bonus to cash.

From what I have read it doesn't appear to be advantageous to play multiple hands, in fact I think it works against you. I am wondering if it is best to play more per hand, say $25 instead of $1.

It is my understanding that if you withdraw your cash from GP, you lose any bonus you have in your account. Is this correct? If so, then it is best to convert any bonus to cash before making any withdrawals.

One last set of questions, can you use bonus to play sit and go? That might be a good option. I would assume that if you play S&G for $16, half of the entry fee would be from cash, half from bonus. If you win, is the prize all cash or is it half bonus/ half cash? It seems to me that it would be all cash, which leads to a final thought on S&G, can you play using only bonus if that is all you have?

Fortunately I took my cash out of GP before the bonus was deposited to my account and redeposited $50 to use as match for the bonus play, so I don't have more money tied up due to the bonus. That brings up another question (yeah I know I said S&G would be it) can you park your cash and play S&G with only bonus?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pat

2. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

More info

For what it is worth, I found by playing that you don't have to have any real money in your account to play your bonus. When you win you do get cash (I am not sure if only half of the win is cash, or all, I forgot to look) and then it plays 1/2 cash, 1/2 bonus again. I forgot to try seeing if you can park cash and just play the bonus. If that works, then it makes sense to just play with the bonus, park the cash as you go along, then cash out when you zero your bonus.

Haven't tried using bonus to play S&G or as entry fee to tournaments.

Seems like there should be a way to get the bonus converted to cash without playing for hours on end....in fact it seems like it would be almost impossible to get to the point where it is all in cash....

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

There are two varieties of bonus at GP. One ("Regular Bonus") is used half-and-half as you play, while the other ("Welcome Bonus") is much lower, dependent on the game. (2% of each bet is from bonus at blackjack.)

I wonder if maybe the semifinal bonus is of the Welcome Bonus variety. Based on your experience, it sounds like it. I know I got a bonus of that kind recently, so they don't just use it for welcome bonuses.

4. Dondon

Dondon New Member

It should be regular bonus. Unfortunately their bonus-crediting seems to be flawed.
    I have had the same issue multiple times. Just check with support, they will change it to regular bonus immediately.

5. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Bonus type

The bonus I am refering to is the "regular bonus". I got mine from playing the GMO tournament and qualifying. I assumed it wasn't cashable, it had to be converted via play. I think the remaining chips from the semifinals in the GMO are the same type.

I guess I can test the "park the cash" theory after the GMO on Friday. I decided to shoot for big bets with the bonus and hit a cold streak and busted so I will have to wait till then. If anyone has a bonus in their account, give the park theory a try and let us know if it works.

Pat

6. Dondon

Dondon New Member

It is not anymore possible to park just the cash and play with the bonus.
    Somewhere deep down in my brain I think it was possible though.. but that is long gone. GPC changed it.

7. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Hmmm

I am wonder then how you could ever get all your bonus converted to cash? If you win, you get half cash/half bonus. If you lose, you lose both cash and bonus. If you get to where you lose all your cash and have only bonus, all you can do is win half/half. Is it even possible to get it to all cash? Seems like the best you can do is get to half cash/half bonus. Am I missing something?

If this is the case, it would be silly to play to long, just play to whatever level of bonus you want in cash and then do the withdrawal? Seems like playing fewer big bets achieves that goal better than lots of small bets.

8. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Wins are paid all-cash. Losses cost half-cash, half-bonus, or at least that's my understanding.

9. Dondon

Dondon New Member

You misunderstood the concept. From the GPC-FAQ:

"If you've got regular bonus, e.g. from our Comp Program, half of your bets will be made from your Bonus."

So your bonus decreases thru losing. Your winnings are always paid with cash, but you cannot cashout with bonus left (you can forfeit the bonus).

Say you have $500 cash and $200 bonus. You bet $20.
    You win: $520 cash and $200 bonus
    You lose: $490 cash and $190 bonus

10. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

I understand now

Thanks Ken and Dondon. That makes more sense.