Costa Maya pier destroyed by Hurricane Dean

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (Other areas)' started by KenSmith, Aug 23, 2007.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Looks like Costa Maya is off the cruise ship itineraries for at least six months. That's a sad situation for the towns there. I'm sure that the local economy will be devastated even more by the loss of the tourist trade than by the winds of Dean.

Thanks chipsmccoy for providing this link to the story:
    http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2166

I assume that Carnival will be announcing a change in itinerary for the January tournament cruise.

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Before and after pictures

Again thanks to chipsmccoy, here are before and after photos of the cruise ship pier in Costa Maya.

Attached Files:

3. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Blackjack cruise IV - January 08' still on

Even though the peir in Costa Maya is damaged, I was assured that Carnival will re-schedule the cruise with a new location. So the January Blackjack Cruise will actually be different then the July cruise after all.

4. themom82

themom82 New Member

Update from Carnival

I spoke to Carnival today and was told they will send out information as it comes available. They do not know what they will do about January cruises yet. They are working on options at this time. They hope to have updates by the end of next week. I will post updates as they come in.

For anyone that has not booked yet we still have space available. We have until September 7, 2007 for refundable $50.00 per person deposit. Second refundable deposit of $200.00 is due by September 21, 2007. The final payment is due by November 21, 2007 (penalties apply at this time).

Anyone that was on the July 14, 2007 cruise will also receive an extra $50.00 per stateroom savings if you book by September 11, 2007 . This welcome home discount must be booked no later they 60 days from your last cruise.

With rates this low it would make a a great Christmas gift. Rates start at $373.68 per person for an inside cabin. You will also receive a $75.00 shipboard credit per cabin.

Tammy Edney "Themom82"
    Exclusively Yours Travel Services
    903-464-0031 or 866-562-3723
    blackjackcruise3@msn.com

5. tgun

tgun Member

Can the people who did not make the June cruise but went last year, when ship struck pier, get a discount on the Jan. cruise?

tgun

6. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Sure - those people will get left off in Costa Maya while the ship goes to it's next port. Then Carnival will pick you up 2 days later. Hows that for a discount? :laugh:

7. tgun

tgun Member

That would be ok fgk if there are local tournaments available until the ship returns.

tgun

8. themom82

themom82 New Member

Discount from August 2006 Cruise?

Tgun:

I wish I could say yes that you could still get the discount from last years cruise hitting the pier. However I believe that the letter says travel must be completed by December, 2007. I have called Carnival and asked if they would give an extention for you to travel in January, 2008. I was advised we could send a request to them after you make your booking and they would advise if they would accept the discount. It would be up to them at that time. I would not get your hopes up, but it never hurts to ask. The worst they could say is no. You could go on and book your space and then, if they say no you have until November 21, 2007 to cancel and get a full refund of your deposts paid.

I hope you will join us even if you don't get the discount, it is going to be a great time for all.

Anyone who has not used their discount from August 2006 cruise yet please let me know and I will request this discount for you as well.

Themom82
    Exclusively Yours Travel Services
    903-464-0031 or 866-562-3723
    blackjackcruise3@msn.com