Cozumel--things to do

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (Other areas)' started by rlwabq, Jun 19, 2007.

1. rlwabq

rlwabq New Member

Last time we were on a cruise to Cozumel, Mo, Austin (teenage son) and I went out on our own instead of the cruise ship-sponsored excursion. We took a taxi to the "best" beach (asked the taxi driver) where Mo and Austin negotiated a parasail ride for almost 1/2 the cost of the one on the excursion, while I sat on the beach and enjoyed the Corona girls. :) We felt safe both on the beach and during the taxi ride for nearly half the cost of what it would have been. They have jet skis for rent there, too. I'll think of the name of the beach later. Randy

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I just found our Dolphin swim deal...

The shore excursions for Carnivan are higher then what you may find on your own. I just found a Dolphin swim in Cozumel for about $18 per person cheaper then Carnival offers.

Plus we get to stay and swim longer and here we can actually swim with the Dolphins, have them pull you and push you (the bottom of your feet) all of which the more expensive Carnival excursion doesn't offer.

Only these shore trip is limited to the first ten people and with Bobbie and I already going it is down to 8 more, all those wishing to go on this shore excursion contact me ASAP.

The price is $140 per person for this Excursion, still lower then the $158 Carnival fee for less time and activites. SHORE ESHORE EXCURSIONSXCURSIONS

3. Applejacks

Applejacks New Member

Jason and I just booked our dolphin swim thru the site Tammy gave us. What else is everyone gonna do? I would love to scuba...but I don't think Jason is interested in that at all and I sure don't want to do it by myself.:)

4. TXtourplayer

The Dolphins are booking up fast

So far Bobbie and I, Loreana and Tim, and Amy and Jason are going. Remember they limit the Royal Dolphin swim to the first 10 people, that mean only 4 places are left.

5. TXtourplayer

More then one platform at noon.

I just found out they have several platforms for the dolphin swim, so even though you may not be at our platform, you can still go at the same time.

Our group will have:

Me & Bobbie
    Jason & Amy (UTVolfan & Applejax)
    Tim & Loreana
    Ronnie & Montie (dealers from Tulsa)
    Jan & Matthew (Janlovespoker) and Ken will be spectator

Since we arrive in Cozumel at 7:00 am and deport at 5:00 pm, we booked the earliest Dolphin swim we could (12:00 noon). This way we still have a few hours to go sightseeing.

I hope more of our group comes and joins us.

6. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Tell Ken

Dont be too scared of Mexican dolphins they are very hospitable, unlike those Floridian beasts!:laugh:

http://www.local6.com/news/13542250/detail.html

Attached Files:

• dol.jpg
      dol.jpg
      File size:
      6.5 KB
      Views:
  7. TXtourplayer

Warning!

Okay Barney, if any of us get bit we're blaming you...LOL

8. masteff

masteff New Member

rlwabq's story about the taxi and the beach reminds me of a story a friend used to tell... somewhere similar to Cozumel, on vacation, the driver started out asking $20 one-way, they managed to haggle him down to $4 for the round trip. mind you that prices have changed as that was a number of years ago, but you all get the point, negotiate the roundtrip price up front and it can be well to your advantage.