Cruise Rules, part 1

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (Other areas)' started by TXtourplayer, Jun 22, 2006.

1. elyssez

elyssez Member

Sometimes it's just pointless to stand up to the "Good ol' boys club".

2. Jackaroo

Jackaroo New Member

Comments on the Rules

4. Initial first base. Most tournaments just roll a die for starting position; it’s quick and simple. (Don’t have 7-player tables until they come out with 7-sided dice :joker: )

14. and 22. B). Tied players. Consolidate the two into one rule. Why the mini-tournament within a tournament with a new BR and “2 extra hand will be played times the number of players involved in the tie” ? Just go with the last sentence: keep playing until the proper number of advancing players is determined. :gun: Sudden Death

19. SurrenderI think having a special card for surrender is making a mountain out of a molehill and would be more trouble than it’s worth. See my post in the thread, Surrender Card?

20. and 24. $2.50 Betting increment. I agree with Arlalik. If the regular bet must be in $5 dollar increments why should double-for-less and insure-for-less be any different? It’s just another bet. The $2.50 chip only comes into play for a blackjack and full insurance on an odd-multiple (of the minimum) bet. If you must play it, wait until you get 2 of them. :D If you’re down to one $2.50 chip, you’re busted out anyway. :sad:

30. Dealing rotation. Redundant. Incorporate numbered markers into Rule 4.

32. Misdeals. What about the common mistake where the dealer starts playing his own hand and exposes the hole card and possibly takes a hit before the last player(s) has acted?

--jr

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
  3. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Positive feedback

Mr. Jackaroo it is always a pleasure talking with you sir. Thank you for taking the time to go through all the rules, I will consolidate any duplacates rules you found.

Thank you sir, tell the Mrs. hi for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
  4. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Here's a worthwhile fine-tuning of procedure, if you're trying to firm these up for all your future events...

When a hand is over, the dealer should always place the next numbered button lammer in front of the next player first, before removing the previous numbered lammer from the table. If there is a shuffle or a dealer change, both lammers should stay on the table until it is completed.

For example, if we just played hand 6 and it is time for a shuffle, the dealer will put button # 7 in front of the next player, then shuffle. After the shuffle, they can remove button #6 from the table and place it in the tray.

That way, there's no confusion about whether we "already moved the button" or not. As many players know, button movement mistakes are very common, and this simple change eliminates most of them.

Numbered lammers are best, but this trick can also be used when there are just two identical lammers available. In fact, it's more important in that case, since errors are more likely without the benefit of numbered lammers.

5. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Great point Ken!

This is one of those things that happen and you don't remember or can't think off when sitting down writting out rules.

I have seen that happen so many times, great call Ken, Thanks for reminding me about that.

Once again it falls back on dealers mistakes. Now I am not knocking all dealers or really any of the dealers (especially new dealers to the tournament format of dealing). Dealing a tournament format is VERY HARD! and even harder if you have been only dealing on a regular table.

One other point on the mis-deals, it isn't just the dealers responsiblity to pay attention to the dealing, but also the players have to have their head in the game. If a player is paying attention they can stop the dealer from making a mis-deal.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2006