Drbass wins Hilton 100k 3CP Tourney

Discussion in '3-Card Poker Events' started by bjbeauty, Nov 7, 2011.

1. bjbeauty

bjbeauty Member

Congrats to Dr Bass - he won the 50K first place in the Hilton 100K this past weekend!

LeftNut likes this.
  2. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

Congrats Larry,
    Still on an incredible roll!!!!!!!!

3. hopinglarry

hopinglarry Top Member

Congrats.

4. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Great news! Congrats Dr Bass.

5. marichal

marichal Member

great run

it was great seeing you at the hilton. that was one great run (six rds.).
    congrats on a great win!!!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  6. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

WOW!!!! That's great news! Congrats, Dr. Bass, a sweet & well-deserved victory for a truly class guy.
    WOO HOOOOOOOO! :cheers:

7. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

Two sides to every story

Those that know the good doctor may find this humorous! He appeared more emotional losing $75 at Pai Gow Poker the following morning than he did after his $50,000 tournament win.

My official documented congratulations are offered "Doctor B", a great win advancing so many rounds finishing as "Top Dog" without the necessity of being drawn as a wild card.

Well Done!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  8. Drbass

Drbass Member

Thanks!

Thanks, all. for the congrats and kind words. I especially appreciated the warm support from Marichal and Rookie at the Hilton when I was going through the rounds.

My only explanation concerning Rookie's pai gow story is that I probably was still in shock after the tournament win. I literally went from last to first place on the last hand of the final round. One card makes all the difference!

9. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

You are Number #1!

Woo Hoo!! That is just GREAT! Yea, more upgrades for that new house...right BJ Beauty?

Sorry we couldn't be there to personally applaud your win! Keep it up! le/feiii

10. Drbass

Drbass Member

The rest of the story

Thanks, Lee. Wish you could have been there - but wll look forward to seeing you soon at another tournament.

Also, I got a call from a BJT member asking how it was possible to go from last to first on one hand in the 3CP tournament. Here's how it happened...

At the Hilton, in all of their major tournaments, participants may buy "mulligans" - which can be used as wildcards in 3CP tournaments. (They are used differently in Blackjack and Craps tournaments). Before the final hand was dealt, I was short stack (last place) with 6500 chips. The leader had over 50,000. I was dealt two cards out of three needed for a straight flush - and I had max bets of 1000 chips on the pairs plus, ante and play. By using my mulligan, I made a straight flush which paid 40-1 on the pairs plus, 6-1 on the ante and 1-1 on the play. The straight flush gave me a return of 50,000 - plus the 3500 I had left in my stack. That gave me a total of 53500 chips and vaulted me to first place - with the second place having just over 51,000.

That's the rest of the story.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
    noman likes this.
  11. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Congratulations

Great job, Larry!

12. mociferous

mociferous Member

Better Late Than Never

Sorry, Dr. Bass...don't know how we missed this when it happened, but I just saw it today! Congrats!:p

13. Drbass

Drbass Member

Thanks Mo

Always appreciate congrats - no time limit. All the best to you and Randy - hope our paths cross again soon.