FACEBOOK - Why?

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by toolman1, Oct 13, 2010.

1. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

I do not use FACEBOOK but I was wondering why anyone does. Seems like they have a number of issues - some lately and some going back several years.

So can anyone explain why they stay with FACEBOOK?

2. mociferous

mociferous Member

Love Facebook!

Facebook for me means keeping up with my grown kids, people I used to work with, people I went to high school with, and current friends. Yes, there are some boring posts on it, like what someone is having for dinner, but there are interesting pictures that I couldn't see if I weren't "friends" with people. AND it's FREE!!! (at least for now) :p

3. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

I have reconnected with people whom I bowled with (and against) 30+ years ago. I've found old friends from the neighborhood where I grew up. Deb stumbled across her best high school friend, they had lost touch three decades ago but they went to the last Hilton Suited BJT together. And it is an excellent promotional vehicle for businesses, either web-based or brick-and-mortar.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, for sure, but for many folks it's a fantastic way to keep up with friends/family whom they might ordinarily miss for years.

4. tgun

tgun Member

facebook-internet

Fear of the internet is similar to being afraid to leave one's house. The good the bad and the ugly are all around us. In space and in cyberspace. Be on guard at all times but at the same time live life to the fullest.

tgun

5. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

In cyberspace we can all pretend to be beautiful. (Unless we put our pictures on Facebook. :D)

6. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Love Facebook!

I recommend it for anyone. I've reconnected with folks I haven't seen since high school and my early Air Force career.

The privacy settings are flexible, so that you can select how much information to share with friends, friends of friends, and everyone.

You can adjust other settings to filter boring information like friends' status in games and stuff.

The TBJPA group is open, come on and join!

7. lordgary

lordgary Banned User

It's just an easy way to communicate with people that live in other states or even other countries. It's cool and especially easy to keep up with old friends, you can read their status messages and see how they're doing. In pre-Facebook times, I've always forgotten to write mails or call friends, now with FB it's easier not to forget.