Fortune and Fate 100K BJT - Beau Rivage - Biloxi, MS

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by george, Oct 17, 2018.

1. george

george Top Member

2. george

george Top Member

the hard rock $125,000 blackjack tournament playing at the same time ….on Saturday oct 20 , afternoon play times would be in conflict...might want to check it out real close before trying to play both ..good luck

johnr likes this.
  3. Doc

Doc Member

Would like to meet up with others from this site, at tournament.

johnr and george like this.
  4. george

george Top Member

see if you can find pitchman [ james ]…..he knows everybody...good luck

johnr likes this.
  5. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Hi Doc, be sure you find me and say hi. I’m playing 4pm, table 4, seat 2

johnr likes this.
  6. Irix77

Irix77 Member

I would also like to meet members. I'll be at table 2 seat 2 at 5pm.

7. Irix77

Irix77 Member

Oh, and uh, good cards!

KenSmith likes this.
  8. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

It was a pleasure meeting Doc, and sharing a wild final hand at the same table!

I also enjoyed talking to Irix77 who turns out to have an unexpected connection to me from my software company days.

As for my run for a third straight final table, it ran out of steam in the semifinals.

Maybe the biggest news is the removal of the “point at it, you’ll get a card” rule which has caused many unwanted hits for inattentive players for years. It’s gone, and I applaud the Beau for making this change.

This continues to be an excellent tournament venue.

gronbog, Doc and johnr like this.
  9. ChrisB

ChrisB Member

Hi there! This was my very first tournament and I must say, it was a blast! I met a few of you without knowing at table 4 at the rebuy yesterday. The cards weren't kind to me this go around but I'm looking forward to the next time.

KenSmith likes this.
  10. Irix77

Irix77 Member

Had a great time in this tournament! Also actually enjoyed the Hard Rock tournament next door. Didn't do well, but got lucky enough to get a wildcard draw. So, had a shot... Really awesome to see KenSmith again after 20 or so years. Great meeting a lot of tournament players such as Doc and Pitchman. Good people, good time. I'll see ya on the circuit!

Doc, KenSmith and johnr like this.
  11. Doc

Doc Member

Had a good time at Beau tournament, a lot of good players. Was great to meet site members & be able to put faces to the names. I especially wanted to meet Ken. Was fortunate enough to get to round 2, but soon realized Ken was at the same table (Oh, no!!!) Despite mistakes, I was able to remain until last hand and somewhat close to chip leader (Ken). One of the highlights of my tournament experience, was getting beat by Ken on that final hand. Thanks to the Beau for hosting a great tournament. Hope to see everyone soon at another tournament.

KenSmith and johnr like this.
  12. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Doc,
    Can I presume that you'll be back at Hinckley defending your title next month?

Billy C

13. Doc

Doc Member

Yes, I will be there. Just was able to clear my schedule, so I can be there.

johnr likes this.
  14. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Good. Hope we both make the final table again.
    See you there.

Billy C

johnr likes this.