Friday night dinner party

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (Other areas)' started by TXtourplayer, Jun 29, 2007.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I have found two locations that can handle a group of 20 to 28 people for a Friday night get together before the cruise.

I am hoping that someone has been to these resturants before and can help me decide which one we should meet and eat at.

They are:

Gordon's beerfest and Mothers, both are within a block of the Staybridge and Harrah's hotels.

I made reservations for 8:00 pm at both of them on Friday July 13th, so if anybody can help me decide which place is better I'll know which one to keep and which one to cancel.

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

That would be Gordon Biersch brewpub, which is actually in the same building as the Harrah's parking garage (and Total Rewards comp cards can be used there).

That would be a better choice for dinner than Mothers, which is more of a diner-looking place best for lunch. However, I would strongly encourage anyone looking for a great lunch to hit Mothers. Try the Fergie's special, a massive ham and "debris" sandwich that's awesome. Don't let the long line out front scare you off. It's worth the 30 to 45 minute wait.

But, for dinner, I'd say Gordon Biersch. Excellent beer too!

However, I won't be joining the festivities as I have long-standing plans for that evening elsewhere. Y'all have fun.

3. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Biersch?

Okay, I asked the lady twice if she said Beerfest...LOL, I guess with my drawl and her cajin accent I'm luck I got that close...LOL

That sounds like a good plan Ken, thanks, sorry you woun't be able to make it that night. We'll see you on board Saturday night.

Just a rememinder that at 8:00 - 9:00 pm after dinner on Saturday night we will be having registration for the Sunday tournament in the conferance room.

The tables will be open for sit & go events along with mini-tournaments for anyone wishing to play. Players decide the buy-in's at all the smaller tournaments.

4. thrasht

thrasht New Member

Maybe

Thanks for the update Ken and Rick. I went to both websites and looked at the menus and thought Mother's looked better (cajun). We might take Ken's advice and hit Mother's for lunch. I plan on getting as much cajun as possible while in New Orleans for 2 days. My son was born in Louisiana when I was stationed there in the late 80's and we moved to Washington State before he was one year old. I want get my "cajun" kid back to his roots and eat as much gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish, etc. while there. For Friday night we will probably go with the flow.

5. rlwabq

rlwabq New Member

count us in

Hey john and Rick

Wherever you guys go friday, count Mo, Austin and me in. We should make New Orleans by late Friday afternoon (Friday the 13th ooooh, and Mo's birthday) See you then Randy

6. themom82

themom82 New Member

count us in

You can count David and me in for Friday night. Sounds like a good time.

Themom82

7. I just wanted to add my two cents that Gordon Birsch would probably be a better choice for dinner. Personally, I think the food itself is just a notch better at Mother's but space is at a premium. GB has plenty of room, good food, and really good beer. If y'all wanted to go upscale, Emeril's is only a block or so away. Even in the New Orleans heat, it is just a short walk away.
    You will probably need reservations if y'all go for the "BAM".

8. roandmo9300

roandmo9300 New Member

Friday night!

I'm sure you can count both of us in also! We're gonna leave Wed. instead of Thu. so we can take our time gettin there!

9. noman

noman Top Member

Secuse Me: But....

Gamblers all. You missin a bet, if you don't meet for a MEAL at Dunbar's, 401 Pine St. Take the St. Charles Trolley, or bus down St. Charles through the Garden District to just past the Audobon Park and Broadway and go a block or half a block or block and a half down Pine to Dunbar's. A mere 4 minutes from Tulane campus, all you all will get the best Ev in a natural Nawahlins eatery. All you can eat Red Beans and rice with either Chicken or Sausage and all the corn bread you want and a drink, for an unbelievably low price. Or if you prefer, order off the extensive Creole menu. You might want to take a leisurely stroll back to the hotel afterwards, just as long as it's still daylight.

The adventure of the trip is worth the effort. For afterwards you will feel like a winner forever.