Getting barred from the cut card

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by Ewok, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Ewok

Ewok Member

I am curious have any of you out there ever heard of someone getting barred from the cut card in blackjack tournaments? I have personally seen it happen at a tournament to 1 person.

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I would be interested to hear the rest of the story. I assume there is more to it than just a dealer or other players complaining about how poorly the shoe goes after said player makes the cut.

Obviously, a player could, (accurately or inaccurately), be assumed to possess extra knowledge about where slugs of high cards are located and use the cut card to put them in or out of play.

3. Ewok

Ewok Member

Yes there is more to the story,i do believe he was trying to cut to what thot was the "good" part,in process of doing that he would sometimes lean over table to eyeball close taking 15-20sec.This happened twice at 1 tournament on 2nd the pit ran over ripped the cut card out of his hand and threw to another and told him you take that long again I bar you from the cut! The next tournament he gets the cut card and waits till the pit boss is coming over to table,he cuts the deck quick,lil later few hands left he gets the cut again and takes his time-but the pit boss was done he didn't even wait he ran over took it away and barred him from getting the cut card at that tournament. I almost fell off my chair laughing -I mean how do you get barred from the cut card? Not sure if he was trying to be that accurate or intentionally piss off the pit boss or both.

4. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

If he was wasting everybody's time, I can see the pit doing that. I've personally never seen that, though. The only similar thing I've ever seen is something we've all seen a lot: players getting warned about excessive profanity or breaking the English-only rule.

5. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Given your description of his antics, there’s no way he knew anything special about the shoe.

He sounds like the usual self-important jerk making an ass of himself.

Lakegirl32, Ewok and gronbog like this.
  6. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Sounds to me like he was trying to play mind games with everyone else at the table. I've been at tables where self-confessed poker players, obviously out of their element, would pull shady stunts like that.