How about a $1 Million Poker Freeroll?

Discussion in 'Other Games Events' started by KenSmith, Aug 11, 2005.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Yep, a freeroll that could land you on TV playing for the first place $1 Million prize. Not a bad deal, eh?

It's at Paradise Poker.

[​IMG]

How do you enter?
    There is NO Direct entry into the $1,000,000 main event.
    Players MUST win their seat into the main event through one of our FREE daily heats.

Starting July 1st and running through to August 26th, we'll be running three heats every day. Each heat will be titled "FreeMillion" and will be FREE to enter for your first attempt. You can find these tournaments listed under the Million Tab in our Tournament Lobby.

The 3 daily "FreeMillion" Heats will start at the times posted below and will award seats as listed:

4pm EDT = Top 10 players advance to $1,000,000 main event.
    9pm EDT = Top 20 players advance to $1,000,000 main event.
    1am EDT = Top 30 players advance to $1,000,000 main event.

* 9pm, 2am, 6am London time

***IMPORTANT*** Tournament registration will open 2 hours prior to the posted tournament start time! Register early to ensure yourself a seat.

Players can enter any Heat they wish and as many as they wish (subject to terms and conditions on the Paradise Poker site). Each Heat can accept a maximum of 4000 players. Players are only eligible to win 1 seat into the $1,000,000 main event. The Million Dollar Freeroll is open to anyone that has a real money account (no deposit necessary for your first Heat attempt). Subsequent entries require points earned by table play.

The $1,000,000 main event will take place on August 26th and 27th, where the field will play down to the final 10 players. Those 10 players get an all-expenses paid trip to a location where the final table will be played on TV. That will be in mid-September.

2. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Ken,

Thanks for posting this information. I think I saw an ad on TV about this on one of the poker shows. I guess it is legit, but I hadn't taken the time to check it out yet.

From what I see, it looks like you get one shot at the free roll, but then you have to earn points based on cash play to get other chances to enter.

Is there any information on which days and times are better for taking a shot at this? Do they all fill up? Since it is an elimination, any ideas on how long it would take to get to the final table(s) in a heat to win a seat to the main event?

Seems like the 1am slot is the best to try for since it has more players advancing, but it might be the one that has more players. Plus you would have to probably play all night to get to the end, so if you worked the next day you would have to call in sick...

:rolleyes:

If my math is right, there will be 3,420 players playing for the 10 seats in the finals.

3. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

free-roll

I played at 4 pm. eastern........1323 total players....finished in 72nd place.....
    it started really slow at the first table.....but picked up after a while....after 3 hours...they are down to 40 players....I'll try to watch when it ends

4. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

free-roll

it took 3:55 to get to the 10 winners......the next one is at 9 pm eastern.....700 signed up so far....another at 1 am E. good luck

5. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Thanks Swog

Thanks for the info Swog. I am wondering if they have the time spaced out like they do because they figure a max of four to five hours to finish a heat? I haven't registered yet or checked out their site, but if anyone else has insight on how things go, please let me know. Don't most sites keep histories of games online for a while? That would probably tell you something if it were available.