Im confused, soccer...

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by Barney Stone, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

We have quite a stir in So Cal over Posh and her husband. Posh is looking better than ever and working it baby working it. This little bleach blond husband of hers seems to be a very good soccer player who doesnt come off real smart when he calls soccer football. I thought I would research this game soccer which I played 6 years in a fantastic youth organization AYSO. The best thing about soccer is it was so easy compared to baseball. Well I was looking into this team Posh's husband is on it called LA GALAXY. I thought maybe Posh's husband, aka Mr Posh, would be here practicing with his team for a good season ahead, but Im sad to see LA GALAXY is in second to last place! In baseball terms they are 7 games behind Houston! What does Posh think she can march him into action at a point of desperation!? I hope its not too late!

Suggestion for Posh. While attending LA GALAXY games always be seen with a plate of carnitas or menudo. Miller Lite or Bud Lite. Dont wave the red white and blue if you want to be accepted wave green white and red.

Mr Posh. If you want to really understand what the audience is saying about you take a crash course in spanish cuss words.

As the countdown clock says only 6 days and about 8 hours to Mr Posh time!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (this posting is a little joke to our UK friends)

2. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

I won't rise to the bait and defend the beautiful game, but regarding LA Galaxy ....

Bizarrely, they seem to have been allowed to delay a lot of their games until after Mr Beckham's arrival, in the hope of selling more tickets and recouping some of his enormous salary I assume. So, with several games in hand, their second to last place is misleading.

Were they really able to say to the league "Our star player hasn't actually finished playing for his previous club yet. You don't mind if we re-schedule a few games do you?" :confused:

Over here, you can't even get a game postponed if virtually your entire team has gone down with a case of food poisoning.

3. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Posh and Becks

I’m not going to take the bait either.

So David and Victoria have finally arrived in LA.

Does this mean that we can finally pick up a newspaper over here without having to read about them.

If Barney thinks that they have caused quite a stir, then trust me he has not seen anything yet because it will run and run.

Now it’s your turn to have them.

Good luck Barney. My advice would be to cancel the newspapers for a while because you will soon become sick of them.

Andy :D

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  4. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

soccer

is kind of like kickball, isn't it - a lot of small guys running around in shorts, showing off their skinny legs - I think I used to play something like that in grade school PE -

but I think the appropriate beer is Pacifico or Negro Modelo -

and why did Posh bother to bring Becks with her - no one cares about a washed up kickball player - but can never have too many pictures of Posh

5. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

adding to my confusion

this morning I asked my wife if Posh was the Spice Girl that liked sports!:laugh:

6. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Beautiful game!

I'll make a trilogy of "not rising to the bait" on the football issue (calling it soccer is plain wrong BTW) but must pick you up on the "Posh is attractive" issue. I really can't believe you guys think she is attractive in any way, shape or form. She's shockingly thin, her boobs are so obviously fake and look like she's had a couple of grapefruits inserted. Over in Blighty she is regular tabloid fodder but most people do not hold her in high esteem. And she was the least talented of The Spice Girls which is saying a lot!!

Boomshanka!

Reachy

7. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Reach! Grapefruits are nutritious and delicious!

FYI ;)

8. Reachy

Reachy New Member

brine

Yeah, but hers are filled with saline...

Cheers

Reachy

PS. That Mel C comment isn't added by me, I prefer Baby Spice (2nd right) :gaga:

Attached Files:

9. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Reach RE Baby Spice always the cute one. I do see by the "bulge" under her dress she is a 2 for one deal. Can you say baby- Reachy? lol

10. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

11. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

Y'all are going to piss off the Brits if you keep talking about "The Game" in that manner.

12. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Swog!

Didnt you mean "Beautiful Game"

Trust me and you can ask Thrasht about this; as NASCAR fans we take our share of sport respect abuse! Its all good, except tennis it sucks!:p

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  13. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Major sport events in LA

I see that the hype has already started about the possibility of David Beckham not being able to make his debut against Chelsea on Saturday because of an ankle injury. Don’t worry guys, we have seen all this stuff before and I am sure that he will have recovered well enough by then to play. Off course he will be substituted before the end of the game to rapturous applause from the crowd that will make great pictures for television and newspapers.

Well Barney there is another big event being staged in LA on Sunday and I enclose the link below.

Looks like a good sporting weekend in LA. Let us know if you are going to any of them.

I know which one that I would choose and it’s not the football (sorry soccer).

Andy

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/motogp_calendar.htm?menu=calendar

14. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

NASCAR fans

Hey Swog don’t worry about the wind-ups by some on here about the “beautiful game” because we Brits can take a joke.

I thought that I should better look up NASCAR racing and why Barney and Thrasht appear to be getting some sport abuse.

Well there is no way that I am putting up the link from England’s motoring television presenter Jeremy Clarkson’s because it would be offensive to my buddies from the Southern States and also get me a life ban from the site.

Having had a look up, I’m not too sure what the attraction is about NASCAR racing.

But I did find an American perspective view on what NASCAR is about.

Just for you Barney :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODs1Ghl4ku4

Andy

15. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

even in Britain

they know kickball is for wimps

so doen't matter what you call it

real men play Rugby Union

16. Reachy

Reachy New Member

What's wrong with this picture?

David Beckham signs up for American Football team.

Attached Files:

17. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

18. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

19. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

Colin, this statement takes on a different meaning on this side of the pond...

In 2004, Widnes hooker Shane Millard also had an opponent's tooth removed from his head.

20. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

I think our British friends got the idea that soccer, or whatever you want to call it, is not exactly big here in the States. Paying Beckham $25,000,000 (or whatever the number is) is money down the drain. I can't fault him for accepting. As W.C. Fields put it "never give a sucker an even break".

Now my question: What will it take for the Brits to take him back - please?