IP Poker tournament

Discussion in 'Other Games Events' started by TXtourplayer, Jan 28, 2006.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Well they started with 400 and now down to 40 players. The payouts start at 30th place.

Joep is still alive and in good shape. He will be calling me throughout the day reporting on his play and I'll post it here.

Good luck Joep, hope you go all the way.

2. TXtourplayer

Pocket Kings...

Down to 31 players, (THE BUBBLE) next one out and everybody starts getting paid.

Joep gets pocket Kings, the flop shows nothing so Joep goes all in, only the big blind calls him. They show their hands and the other player shows Ace/7 suited.

Note there was no flush draw, all he could hope for was an Ace or running 7's.

The turn hits....nothing, now the river......ACE!

Joep goes out on the bubble, 31st place.

I know that was a heartbreaker Joep, still a good showing out of 400 players.

3. Joep

Joep Active Member

Just Another Bad Beat Story

What would Phil Hellmuth say if this happened to him.

How about " You put all your money in the pot with A-7 "

Actually with one card to go and my opponent needing an Ace and a Ace only I was a 94 % favorite to win that pot. That's if there were 3 aces left if someone mucked one after I moved all in he is a bigger underdog .

I'm trying to decide which beat was worse this one or the dealing pulling an 8 on her hard 13 to eliminate me in WSOB 2005 .Mind you I was sitting on a 20 with a bigger enough bet to win the table

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  4. TXtourplayer

Get a rabbits foot or something.

Joep if you didn't have bad luck you would have no luck at all.

Yet another bad beat on the last card.