Is it true?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by rockin'blackjackbabe6, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Dude you really have no f-ing idea who you are talking to or what i have accomplished in my cash game & tournament career. The day i need to prove myself to you is the same day i put a bullet in my head --

-holly d.

2. Joep

Joep Active Member

He needs to see his name in print

Hollywood you really dont know me as a person,but if you did you would know that im not afraid to speak up when i have something to say.That in fact has hurt me as far as my Advantage Play.But im JOEP and everyone knows who i am i do not hide behind any other sign on's or anyone or anything.95% of the people on this board write under names that you would be hard pressed to figure out who they are and that is a wise choice. Kenny and i have a good friendship and i had no problem calling out under my name for Catch 27 post to be put back up.I personally thought that the language that you used towards Catch 27 was way overboard ,but you know what thats you . You continue to try and live 2 lives 1) as a trash talking im in your face tournament player .Then when you see fit you want people to accept you as a top tournament player.Dave you can't have it both ways pick one of them and people will accept you for who you are.You want your cake and a chance to eat it to.There are no talent agents posting on this board so your plan of keeping your name in print is a lost cause here.If Hollywood is where you want to be spend more time there then here ,if not i give you permission to use BROOKLYN DAVE that seems to fit better.Because most New Yorkers cant keep their mouth shut.As far as you defending Kevin i know Kevin he can defend himself he does not need you to stand up for him.Unless you were thinking that he might mention you in his new book,see always looking for you name in print.

p.s. Catch.Rookie keep on saying whats on your mind this is the U.S.A. not tinsel town.Where you say whatever it takes to get the (gig) job.

3. Joep

Joep Active Member

Did I just hear a gun go off

Was that a bullet that was just fired in L.A.

4. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Here we go again

What the hell are you talking about... since when are "trash talking tournament player" and "top tournament player" mutually exclusive? i am both, and never pretended that the two are separate. i will kick your ass again & again & all the while do it while running my big mouth! Maybe in your world you can't think of good strategy play while throwing out a verbal smokescreen, but i learned long ago how to think and talk at the same time....

Love ya, joe --

-holly d.

5. Joep

Joep Active Member

Diva Diva

You need to rewatch the tape.At least you are not saying you smoked me.You did not kick my ass or for that part you have never won a table that i have been on with you.When you watch the tape again watch how i have a chance to win and you have a chance to finish 2nd.Dave put the gun down before you hurt yourself don't shoot yourself over Rookies or BJ Fan post.

p.s. i love you to

Joep

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  6. Joep

Joep Active Member

Trash Talking Vs Top Tournament Players

If Kenny were to hold a poll on Trash talking tournament players you would win hands down.If he also held a poll for Top tournaments players,the list would have to very long for you to be on it.Thats a bet i would make and you know im not betting unless i have the best of it :laugh:

7. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

do i even need to say it?

JOE!

You talk more trash than i ever could, which is AMAZING considering the whole world just saw me BEAT YOU in the World Series last week!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god, i REALLY don't wanna rub it in, buddy, but you are acting like such a SORE LOSER right now!

damn, man, chill the F out -- you LOST. ;)

-holly d.

8. Joep

Joep Active Member

You Didn't Win

Thw whole world saw you freeze up on the last hand .Did you not hear what Max said when you waved off your hand."NO DAVE CAN"T WIN NOW"

9. Joep

Joep Active Member

No Conspiracy

Hollywoods conspiracy theory that i use mulitple sign on such as Bj fan Rookie 789 catch 27 is blown away as we were all on line together on Saturday 1/29 at 2 p.m..I guess i shot Kennedy also....

10. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

Is it true

Ken, thanks for leaving the recent posts in this thread unblasted. I even turned off "as the world turns" on tv to read them. Hollywood; You seem a little thin skinned, I made no derogartory comments to or about you in my post (even though you felt it necessary to make those type of comments about me or my username) and I am not joeP's little whipping boy, I was expressing my personal opinion about censureship and it had nothing to do with you. Something for you to remember " Angels fly because they take themselves lightly"

11. Scorcho

Scorcho New Member

maybe we should stay out of this....

not too many of the people who posted in this topic know Kev, Hollywood, or Joe P. I think they're just kind of ribbing at each other and we're seeing it as serious arguing. Let them do what they like, and let's have fun watching it :D

12. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

You shot Kennedy???????????????

Crunch the numbers on the final hand buddy, and you'll see that I really had no choice standing on the 15, since I didn't know what your double down card was. The risk of taking another hit had a high risk of failure, and even if i did succeed -- still no guarentee that I would beat your total. So a pointless risk. At that point it made more sense to have a BIG chance of advancing at all, rather than an almost guarenteed 3rd place w/ a sliver of a shot @ first. Woulda loved to surrender for the low after you split & doubled, but Kevin's soft 19 changed all that. Odds were I woulda surrendered into 3rd.

Now you gonna keep cryin' over spilled milk or just accept the fact that you LOST? 2 advance, buddy, and you weren't one of 'em.... woulda, shoulda, coulda -- but no dice 4 you. ;)

See you in May for the MDIII finals, I'll let you have another chance against me then...

-holly d.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  13. Joep

Joep Active Member

A Free Lesson For Dave

Dave you have heard the expression "Be careful what you ask for you just might get it." You asked me to crunch the numbers and i did in regards to your last hand.When you decided to take a hit on your 13 vs 3 you were a 69.2% underdog touching that hand.If you need me to break it down to the bare bones i will.If you hit your hand the 9-10-J-Q-K break you the A-2-3-4 do nothing for your hand so 9 cards out of 13 do squat for you.9 out of 13 = 69.2%.I gave you the 5 but that card only helps you on a dealer 17 as Kevin has 19 already.So its even higher it becomes 76.9%.I will give you this lesson for free because deep down i really think there is a nice guy behind all that FLUFF & PUFF that you use.Plus i would like to be the guy who helped you win your first BJ tournament.Dave trust me it's a great feeling winning a tournament.Remember this 5 minutes after the tournament is over no one remembers who finished 2nd.As Max Rubin says and i quote "2nd place is first place for the losers".I know we are under contract with GSN not to reveal how we did in WSOB but from the way you are bragging about finishing 2nd you must have done well in your WILD CARD round.I guess we will all have to wait and see that show.If you did advance to the semis congrats,if you didn't you advanced just as far as i did.As far as woulda, coulda,shoulda.You woulda had a lot more than just 2nd low if you bet was different.You shoulda had at least one of the Highs and one of the Lows with the most chips going into the last hand and betting next to last.And you coulda doubled your 13 if you were going to take a hit and not Surrender.Because doubling gives you a chance to win since one of my hands were stiff and you give up nothing by doubling you still have 2nd low ,and a chance to win you could not win the way you played the hand,but you seem to like to finish 2nd.When i play i want and try my best to win and i have been in the winners circle a lot of times.As far as you giving me another shot at you at the Hilton in May i didnt realize you qualified .Keep in mind that at the Hilton there is only a 1-25 spread there.So your betting progression will not fly as well there.I will even allow you to sit to my left to somewhat level the playing field for you.One other note you talk about your cash game accomplishments this is a BJ Tournament site your alleged cash game serves no purpose here. There are sites that might want to hear about it.

p.s.i have seen a lot of griffin flyers and i have never seen your photo are you playing in costume ? :joker:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  14. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

Ouch!!!!!

So Dave hoisted himself on his own "petard" and it is blowing up between his legs! Not a pretty sight!

15. slim100_us

slim100_us New Member

WOW!!!

That's all I have to say is WOW!!!

16. shipman

shipman Member

Now This Is Reading Entertainment. :cool:

17. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Let Me Return The Favor, Sensai

Wow, Joe, your math skills are incredibly OFF. Sorry i took so long to respond, but I was too busy backing up huge MACK TRUCKS into the holes in your logic! I guess I'm not really surprised, after all, you're not the one who advanced out of the round, and I did.

Umm... earth to Joe... I did have 1st low, with the surrender option. Check the math: I am BR 1, and BR2 (that's you, babe) overbets his lead over BR3, making the 12,250 difference between me & BR3 (Kevin) the new 1st low. I bet 24,000, leaving the door open for a surrender into -- could it be? yes, it is! -- first low, beating a Kevin push by 250 dollars. If it LOOKS like 1st low, and SMELLS like 1st low, it must be -- 1st low! I know its hard for you to see the complexities of certain bets, what with that sneaky surrender trap & all, since you weren't at the final table of the World Series LAST YEAR like I was when MIT Mike tried to trick me in the same fashion, so I can understand. Now you know what a surrender trap is & how not to fall for it!

AND ALSO GAINING NOTHING:
    Here, i'll hold your hand on this one, Joe, since you seem to be having trouble with simple arithmetic again: you're right, one of your hands was stiff, for a possible loss of 46,500. But the other hand that you doubled for less puts a total of 50,750 on that square as well, for a possible total win for you of 101,500 if you win the double hand only, and 194,500 if you win both. You following me here? now, i have 100,250 and bet 24,000 of it -- even if i double, i can only win a total of 148,250 -- a far cry from 194,500. But if i only win a single bet, while you lose the stiff hand (but win the doubled hand), i make 124,250 to your 101,500 -- clearing you by a wide margin. And of course, if you win NEITHER hand, it really doesn't matter what I do since you'll be at ZERO. So in no possible scenario does doubling my hand come into consideration in any way, given the circumstances. Sorry to burst your bubble like that, you'll have to come up with yet another flawed criticism of my play. Oh, wait -- here's one now:

Actually, sweetheart, let ME break it down for YOU. I have two options with my bet: surrender for 1st low, or double to beat your SINGLE bet win. Once you decided to split/double, me doubling as well becomes moot, as we've just discussed (above). So lets analyze the other option, the surrender play, to see if its a better option than hitting: Sure, it would give me first low, but if Kevin wins his hand while I surrender, I lose the low. What are the odds of Kevin winning? Well, with a 3 the dealer will bust 37%. Of the 63% remaining outcomes, i need the dealer to hit to exactly a 19, 20, or 21 for surrender to be a viable option. That's 60% of the original 63%, or a grand total of 37% chance of me advancing AT ALL, and that's not even a guarentee of first -- your doubled hand could be a 20 while the dealer hits to 19, and i still take 2nd. So surrendering is at best a 1/3 prospect of me advancing.

Now you say i'm also roughly a 3-to-1 dog on hitting (your magical '69.2%' mumbo jumbo number). Not true. Sure, I'm 3-to-1 on HITTING TO A GOOD TOTAL -- but not 3-to-1 on advancing, as I would be by surrendering. You're forgetting that, while in the surrender scenario, once I surrender -- the results are immediate. But by hitting, the different totals I hit to all have different weights. Pulling a 9,10,J,Q,K all bust me -- 5/13 of the cards, or 38%. You discredit the A,2,3,4 as "doing nothing for my hand" -- actually, you're wrong. They do nothing for advancing in 1st -- but they still allow me to advance in 2nd the majority of the time, since I DON'T BUST by pulling them like I would with the higher cards.

So i ask you -- why the hell would i take a 3-to-1 shot by SURRENDERING, and then still have to cross my fingers and hope I make 1st -- when i can HIT and over 60% of the time I will be a favorite to advance, period. There's nothing to discuss. My hit was the best play: i pull a 5, 6, 7, or 8 and I have the best shot at first. i pull a 1,2,3,4 (like I did), and I still have the best shot at 2nd.

The only other option left to be explored is whether or not i should've hit AGAIN, to force a better hand -- and especially since pulling a 2 gave me only the best shot at 2nd, and none at first (man, i woulda loved to pull a 7 or 8 instead of that 2!). At this point, the math changes substantially. Now instead of having the majority option of advancing @ all, i am presented with the fact that ~50% of the cards will bust me, and the big picture: without seeing your double down card, i don't even know what total i am trying to beat. Whereas the 1st hit gave me the best odds of advancing, now the second hit has me at a much greater chance of finishing in 3rd, and all without even knowing what i am taking the risk for (not seeing your double card). So i went with my original plan of taking the one hit, and leaving the door open for having the best shot of advancing at all. If i had pulled an ace instead of a 2, i may have reconsidered. But i realized that, even with the 2, the odds were now no longer in my favor of advancing by taking a 2nd hit -- so i stood.

Dude, you really are smoking the crack. Whether or not I make it to the semis is irrelevant, I ALREADY BEAT YOU. I don't know where you read "ADVANCING to the wild card round is the same as CRAPPING OUT in the qualifying round" -- no one believes that except you. I advanced, you didn't. That's why they call it ADVANCING -- because you qualify to move on to the next level. You seriously sound like an insane person -- next you'll be telling me the sky isn't blue and that the Stardust is inviting us both to a tournament. LOCO, man!

Take a chill pill already. You're starting to embarrass yourself. You know i can go all night, and I wouldn't want you to burst a blood vessel or anything trying to keep up... So when I need some more "lessons" from a guy who can't do simple mathematical analysis & thinks that even though he lost to me, he really didn't -- as well as someone who keeps insisting that i've "never come in first" even though I can only assure you I have & what you really mean is that i didn't come in first in one very SPECIFIC tourney, last year's World Series (that you weren't even invited to, I might add), i'll let you know!

I'll be here all week, bitches...

-holly d.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  18. Joep

Joep Active Member

More Smoke screens from Dave

Dave do you believe that the longer you type the less they will read? .If you continue to go on and on will that make your point correct?.I will try to make this short and sweet.You want to teach me about the Surrender Trap I knew about that before you decided to make your head look like a peacock .If you are going to use the surrender trap learn the right bet for it .You were off on it because you didn't have the first low if you chose to surrender.If Kevin wins his bet you don't have the first low and if you don't have that you didn't set the surrender trap up correctly,and your bet was to short to get the high back if i doubled.So like i said you had 2nd low only.Since 2nd place has no value in this Tournament just like Stanford Wong told you, how you decided to play your hand left you with more color on your face than on your head.The only think that has more holes in your spin on your last hand play Is the BIG Fat Circle that represents the amount of tournament wins you have .In my first lesson that i will give you is to teach you how to set up the surrender trap.This is a valuable tool that i will not just post for everyone,you either have to be a friend or a student of mine for me to teach you this.You qualify as both so call me so i can free up some time for you. But I will do this for you and anyone like you who would like to know what an accomplished tournament player would bet in this spot if i was sitting in your seat, this is what i would have bet if i had a 3,000 lead on you.I would have matched your bet thus giving me the first high on the whole table and at worst the 2nd low also.If Kevin makes a mistake i will have 1st High and 1st low and now you Mr. Peacock are sitting in my seat having to act in front of me.Now that's what i call the nuts and thats what you should have done.Now i will quote you early in the round you told Kevin "88% of the time we will have the same decesion and 12% of the time not".That's what you should have done and given yourself a BIG chance to win the table which has value and not back into 2nd with no chance to win the table which has no value.I personally loved your bet bet being BR 2 I just needed to win my hand to win the table and you would be forced to double anything you got to try and beat me on the high.If i doubled or split you lost the high and you over bet the surrender trap which left you without the first low .So now you have very little flex in your great flex bet.If you match my bet and follow my double or split with your own hand even if Kevin gets all his money into action he can't beat you .Now thats a FLEX BET .Stop trying for the supporting roles and B movies go for the WIN BABY.Everybody remembers the winners and the Lead actors in the A movies.

p.s. Seems like you need more spin control :joker:
    p.s. just to correct you i was invited last year had a prior commitment that would not get me there till day 2 so i was on call in case there was a last minute change in players.Wrong again how many times can you be wrong in one day? :p

19. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Like shooting fish in a barrel

This conversation really is pointless, I present a very clear painstaking analysis of actual events & then you just show back up with "no you didn't" and "i know you are but what am i" --

i tell you the sky is blue and you say its purple because my hair looks like a peacock.... ? nothing you've said changes anything. i stand behind my analysis, my bet was the best flex option ( i would've surrendered had it been likely that kevin would've LOST -- because 88% of the time if he wins, i do as well -- anticipating a win-lose scenario is not proper bet correlation), despite what Stanford says there is SOME value to 2nd place, simply because it is certainly better than busting out (like you did), and oh yes -- i've won my share of blackjack tourneys, just not the one you keep referring to from last year. But if you think i'm gonna feel anything but PROUD about coming in second place at the World Series of BLackjack, you've got life fuct up. Twice now I've done better than you at the World Series, but that doesn't stop you from babbling about how you're so much better.

now please, if you're gonna insist on just repeating your inaccurate statements about what happened on this table, then i suggest you get your head examined. i know, i know -- i've rewatched the tape a few times & remember well the look of agony on your face when you LOST the round. but that doesn't mean you have to take it out on all of us here on Ken's site...

-holly d.

20. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

"I have won my share of BJ tourneys"

Hollywood :joker: : end the endless discussions. Name one tournament that you have won!