Is it true?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by rockin'blackjackbabe6, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

surrounded by morons

hey, whipping boy. let me get right on that, providing a list of my past wins to you. cuz i really need to prove myself.

take my word for it. and while you're at it, stand on your own 2 feet. and realize that this "endless discussion" has a lot more to it than your hollow attempt at discrediting me; apparently you seem to have missed that.

-holly d.

ps what's a "petard"? is that like a BjFan Retard?

2. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

Lol!!!!

Hollywood :joker: :
    there is absolutely no doubt that you :joker: bring a high level of entertainment value to this site. Unfortunately, this site is about Blackjack tournaments.
    You are truly a legend in your own mind and I will wait patiently while you provide evidence of having actually won a tournament.
    And if by some chance you have won the GSN tournament, I will gladly eat crow publicly on this site!

3. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Hey Asshole

In case you haven't noticed, i don't need to provide you with "evidence" of any of my wins -- especially to someone like yourself who doesn't even register as a blip in the blackjack world.

Now be a good whipping boy and run back to your master, Joe. and if you wanna have a serious discussion about tournament play, try to keep up with the analysis i posted earlier today & come back with a more intelligent, insightful response than the drivel you think passes for advanced blackjack commentary.

-holly d.

4. Kalex21

Kalex21 New Member

yeehah!

can't speak for anyone else, but i would pay good money to see all three of you settle this in a mud-wrestling pit. y'all should seriously consider contacting the pay-per-view people...

5. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

Mud-wrestling

I think that where this heading is that if one of 3 people win a BJ tournament in the near future, the other two will have to leave town! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Agreed

Glad to see my small bucket of water didn't put out the flames in this thread after all. This has gotten pretty entertaining.
    :gun: :yikes:

7. Scorcho

Scorcho New Member

The fact is this.

whether or not the stand was a good play or not. Hollywood advanced to the wild card, Kevin advanced straight on, and Joe went home. Hindsight is 20/20 and I'm sure misplays were made by all parties in question at one point, but now that it's down to Joe vs. Hollywood on these boards, and Kevin, while originally starting this whole thing, has since stayed out of it. Hollywood went on to the wild card, whether it was luck, brilliance, or anything in between, and I have to give him credit for that and I have to give Kevin credit for advancing, and I give Joe credit for putting up a hell of a fight and just narrowly getting out-player (out-lucked, whatever) by two exceptional players.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  8. Joep

Joep Active Member

The Boy who just doesn't answers questions

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: Your mind has gone soft,If you had the first low why didn't you take it? .I will answer that for you since you never answer anybody questions .You didn't have it since you mis- bet you surrender trap.If you had it, that would have been a way for you to (WIN) the table. When you finished acting on your hand you could't win the table Since you will not answer the many request from this board as to how many tournaments you have won.I will answer that also (ZERO).Most good players play a good game .You just talk a good game.I bet if we start a poll as to how many tournaments the board thinks you have won i say ZERO is the clear cut winner You great flex bet flexed you into maybe i will get 2nd place .Your recent choices have not been good for you.No matter how many times you twist and turn a ZERO (0) is always going to look the same (0)

9. Joey G 703

Joey G 703 New Member

Is Hollywood Ok ?

Look what happens when they ask Hollywood how many Tournaments he has won.He goes into hibernation.You can run but you cant hide. :laugh:

10. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Damm

Looks like a lot has been going on while I was gone. Didn't this post start with a simple question of "Does Hollywood Dave Post Here?"

11. pheebs

pheebs New Member

Totaly!

:laugh: completley agree!

12. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Am i the only one making any sense here?

Really? Wow. Ummm... I just don't know what to say to that, Joe. Its brilliant. You've really proved your point.

I love how you keep bringing up 3 things again & again, despite my constant refutations. 1. How i should've surrendered. (Check out my analysis on page 4 for the exact reason WHY surrender wasn't a mathematical option after seeing Kevin's hand, something you clearly don't understand)... 2. How i didn't really have the 1st Low (ummm... i don't know how to be any clearer: A surrender leaves me with the LARGEST PILE OF UNBET CHIPS. THAT'S THE DEFINITION OF FIRST LOW, fucko. Whether or not Kevin can still WIN while i LOSE is irrelevant to the defintion of "1st low." And if you need to be refreshed on why i didn't surrender -- because i'm sure you've obviously forgotten by now -- refer to #1, above)... and 3. How you think i've never won a tourney. I just don't understand; I tell you repeatedly I have, you repeatedly say I haven't. Its stupid. Do you really think the only two tourneys i've ever played in my life are the 2 World Series events? I've played in dozens of smaller tournaments in Vegas and LA, have a lot of cash outs & YES, even a few first-places to my credit. And i think I'd know more about that than you, so... ? What gives? I don't understand what else I can say. You want dates, times? What the fuck, dude? Get over yourself on this one.

Now, if you or any of your whipping boys want to keep bringing up any of these 3 points, i'll know what level of intelligence i'm dealing with. I can't be any clearer than I've been, and I'm not gonna try to be. You're the ones who sound like morons with this constant flaming and attacking.

Have a good one....

-holly d.

13. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Reprint of the Analysis for Joe, who clearly Didn't Read It the 1st Time

Wow, Joe, your math skills are incredibly OFF. Sorry i took so long to respond, but I was too busy backing up huge MACK TRUCKS into the holes in your logic! I guess I'm not really surprised, after all, you're not the one who advanced out of the round, and I did.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joep
    As far as woulda, coulda,shoulda.You woulda had a lot more than just 2nd low if you bet was different.

Umm... earth to Joe... I did have 1st low, with the surrender option. Check the math: I am BR 1, and BR2 (that's you, babe) overbets his lead over BR3, making the 12,250 difference between me & BR3 (Kevin) the new 1st low. I bet 24,000, leaving the door open for a surrender into -- could it be? yes, it is! -- first low, beating a Kevin push by 250 dollars. If it LOOKS like 1st low, and SMELLS like 1st low, it must be -- 1st low! I know its hard for you to see the complexities of certain bets, what with that sneaky surrender trap & all, since you weren't at the final table of the World Series LAST YEAR like I was when MIT Mike tried to trick me in the same fashion, so I can understand. Now you know what a surrender trap is & how not to fall for it!

Quote:
    And you coulda doubled your 13 if you were going to take a hit and not Surrender.Because doubling gives you a chance to win since one of my hands were stiff and you give up nothing by doubling

AND ALSO GAINING NOTHING:
    Here, i'll hold your hand on this one, Joe, since you seem to be having trouble with simple arithmetic again: you're right, one of your hands was stiff, for a possible loss of 46,500. But the other hand that you doubled for less puts a total of 50,750 on that square as well, for a possible total win for you of 101,500 if you win the double hand only, and 194,500 if you win both. You following me here? now, i have 100,250 and bet 24,000 of it -- even if i double, i can only win a total of 148,250 -- a far cry from 194,500. But if i only win a single bet, while you lose the stiff hand (but win the doubled hand), i make 124,250 to your 101,500 -- clearing you by a wide margin. And of course, if you win NEITHER hand, it really doesn't matter what I do since you'll be at ZERO. So in no possible scenario does doubling my hand come into consideration in any way, given the circumstances. Sorry to burst your bubble like that, you'll have to come up with yet another flawed criticism of my play. Oh, wait -- here's one now:

Quote:
    When you decided to take a hit on your 13 vs 3 you were a 69.2% underdog touching that hand.If you need me to break it down to the bare bones i will. If you hit your hand the 9-10-J-Q-K break you the A-2-3-4 do nothing for your hand so 9 cards out of 13 do squat for you.9 out of 13 = 69.2%.

Actually, sweetheart, let ME break it down for YOU. I have two options with my bet: surrender for 1st low, or double to beat your SINGLE bet win. Once you decided to split/double, me doubling as well becomes moot, as we've just discussed (above). So lets analyze the other option, the surrender play, to see if its a better option than hitting: Sure, it would give me first low, but if Kevin wins his hand while I surrender, I lose the low. What are the odds of Kevin winning? Well, with a 3 the dealer will bust 37%. Of the 63% remaining outcomes, i need the dealer to hit to exactly a 19, 20, or 21 for surrender to be a viable option. That's 60% of the original 63%, or a grand total of 37% chance of me advancing AT ALL, and that's not even a guarentee of first -- your doubled hand could be a 20 while the dealer hits to 19, and i still take 2nd. So surrendering is at best a 1/3 prospect of me advancing.

Now you say i'm also roughly a 3-to-1 dog on hitting (your magical '69.2%' mumbo jumbo number). Not true. Sure, I'm 3-to-1 on HITTING TO A GOOD TOTAL -- but not 3-to-1 on advancing, as I would be by surrendering. You're forgetting that, while in the surrender scenario, once I surrender -- the results are immediate. But by hitting, the different totals I hit to all have different weights. Pulling a 9,10,J,Q,K all bust me -- 5/13 of the cards, or 38%. You discredit the A,2,3,4 as "doing nothing for my hand" -- actually, you're wrong. They do nothing for advancing in 1st -- but they still allow me to advance in 2nd the majority of the time, since I DON'T BUST by pulling them like I would with the higher cards.

So i ask you -- why the hell would i take a 3-to-1 shot by SURRENDERING, and then still have to cross my fingers and hope I make 1st -- when i can HIT and over 60% of the time I will be a favorite to advance, period. There's nothing to discuss. My hit was the best play: i pull a 5, 6, 7, or 8 and I have the best shot at first. i pull a 1,2,3,4 (like I did), and I still have the best shot at 2nd.

The only other option left to be explored is whether or not i should've hit AGAIN, to force a better hand -- and especially since pulling a 2 gave me only the best shot at 2nd, and none at first (man, i woulda loved to pull a 7 or 8 instead of that 2!). At this point, the math changes substantially. Now instead of having the majority option of advancing @ all, i am presented with the fact that ~50% of the cards will bust me, and the big picture: without seeing your double down card, i don't even know what total i am trying to beat. Whereas the 1st hit gave me the best odds of advancing, now the second hit has me at a much greater chance of finishing in 3rd, and all without even knowing what i am taking the risk for (not seeing your double card). So i went with my original plan of taking the one hit, and leaving the door open for having the best shot of advancing at all. If i had pulled an ace instead of a 2, i may have reconsidered. But i realized that, even with the 2, the odds were now no longer in my favor of advancing by taking a 2nd hit -- so i stood.

Quote:
    If you did advance to the semis congrats,if you didn't you advanced just as far as i did.

Dude, you really are smoking the crack. Whether or not I make it to the semis is irrelevant, I ALREADY BEAT YOU. I don't know where you read "ADVANCING to the wild card round is the same as CRAPPING OUT in the qualifying round" -- no one believes that except you. I advanced, you didn't. That's why they call it ADVANCING -- because you qualify to move on to the next level. You seriously sound like an insane person -- next you'll be telling me the sky isn't blue and that the Stardust is inviting us both to a tournament. LOCO, man!

Take a chill pill already. You're starting to embarrass yourself. You know i can go all night, and I wouldn't want you to burst a blood vessel or anything trying to keep up... So when I need some more "lessons" from a guy who can't do simple mathematical analysis & thinks that even though he lost to me, he really didn't -- as well as someone who keeps insisting that i've "never come in first" even though I can only assure you I have & what you really mean is that i didn't come in first in one very SPECIFIC tourney, last year's World Series (that you weren't even invited to, I might add), i'll let you know!

I'll be here all week, bitches...

-holly d.

14. Joep

Joep Active Member

0 =ZERO & ZERO =0

I dont know where you got that BLAH BLAH BLAH from because i did not post that.But after looking at it it sounds and looks just like one of your post.There is a organization called AL-ANON for friends and family of alcholics .There should be a group for you friends and family to join called On-AND- ON because that what you do.I only try to correct you on your invalid points.You said you set up the Surrender trap and you were going to teach it to me.The surrender trap works like this my prize student.You overbet your lead and surrender back to get the first low or second low if that helps.What your opponets has for a hand will not matter if you set it up correctly.This you did not accomplish that's why i said you didn't have the surrender trap worked out .The only one you trapped was yourself into not having a shot to win.So the first pure low is just that the most un bet chips including your opponets bet .You want new points ?Remember what i told you a couple of post back "Don't ask for it you just may get it".I hear you are thinking about writing a book on Blackjack Tournament's Strategy if you need a title for the book he is a 1 or 2 that will fit."Blackjack Tournament Strategy BY SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER WON ONE BEFORE " Or how about this one "How not to win but talk so much about how great you are they people will think you won ".In a side note i never in any of my post to you have called you the vulgar names you have called me and many other people on this site.To me i take it from where it comes from but other people on this site may not be as thick skin as I.Start using the other side of your brain the side you are using is on overload. :joker:

p.s. spare me with the mini tourn. cash outs & wins ZERO IS STILL (0) NO MATTER HOW YOU TWIST IT AND TURN IT.

15. Kalex21

Kalex21 New Member

beyond bon mots

who could have fathomed that this intellectual jousting would have a half-life comparable to that of plutonium? you guys are an inspiration, truly.

16. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

You are just so ADORABLE!

Baby, that's so sweet of you! Apology accepted. And don't be so hard on yourself -- you're a great player, one of the best. You know I've always had the utmost respect for your game.

Now, about that mud wrestling competition? Any volunteers from the board's more beautiful ladies to be our ringside bikini-clad cheerleaders?

-holly d.

17. Joep

Joep Active Member

L.A. Faker

Why is it that moving to L.A. does strange things to your brains.Is the mud slides really peoples brains coming out of their heads once they reach the west coast.What you say in jest usually is what you really want to say.I know you look up to me as a tournament player and one day you may be as good as I am.But listen up little boy study, practice, study, some more and then maybe you will be able to play at my level, until then write you book that someone would have to be insane to buy.If i get a free copy I may keep it around in case i run out of toilet paper one day and then it may serve a purpose.When is the Surrender Trap not a Trap? When Dave tries to do it !!! .Simple Math is not simple when Dave tries to do it.The best Quote so far @WSOB 2 "NO DAVE CAN'T WIN NOW" said by gaming expert MAX RUBIN.I know that when waved off on the hand it was out of respect for me,trying to lock up 2nd. One day it will be your time and some you punk like you :joker: will show you the respect that you show me.

P.S. I still think the title for your book should be" BLACKJACK TOURNAMENT STRATEGY BY SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER WON 1 BEFORE"

18. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Just remember, R-E-S-P-E-C-T is a 2 way street, even for us young punks...

I love you, Joe. We should stop fighting now, you know how the kids get frightened when mom & dad fight too much...

;)

-hd.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU everyone. This has been a mock-fight scenario brought to you by Dr. Joe Pane and Hollywood Dave. Don't forget to tune in next week when we teach you all about the joys of trying to play blackjack without getting arrested at the Stardust, followed by a special episode of us arguing incessantly about absolutely NOTHING AT ALL. Goodnight!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  19. Joep

Joep Active Member

Its Over

You mean i should stop training .Hey Hollywood who should we gang up on next ? You know TXTourplayer has some kinks in his armor.Look out Rick Hollywood and I are coming.................. :laugh: Hollywood what day does Ricks show air?.The day we stop laughing is the day we die.Hope everyone enjoyed the post that would not die.If we ever play against each other in the near future we will have a crowd watching that MATCHUP.Man the pressure will be on then.......

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  20. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Lucky me...LOL

Lucky me, I am one of the only ones that didn't make a comment on either of their play and now they want to pick on me...LOL I thought I had at least another month before I started catching hell...LOL

Damm Joep, no more cow-tipping for you...LOL

Joep all kidding a side, thanks for inviting everyone over to view the first episode of WSOB II (even Hollywood was there).