Jim Pierce has passed away

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by SpencerG, Dec 10, 2017.

1. SpencerG

SpencerG Member

I truly hate that my first post to this site is horrible news like this... but I thought the Blackjack Tournament Community deserved to hear about this as soon as possible. Apparently Jim had a heart attack Wednesday evening from what I have been able to gather. While his health had taken a really bad hit earlier this year it seemed that things were looking up for him. But he was feeling poorly on Wednesday and was laying down at his parents house. He was discovered when he didn't come down for dinner.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sunherald/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=187482634

george, KenSmith and johnr like this.
  2. george

george Top Member

yes not a good first post , know everyone hates to hear it , he was a young man , I played both him and his dad in tunica and biolxi , he was a very skilled tournament player I learned a lot watching both him and his dad had to get lucky to beat either , both him and Lou [ deltaduke ] will be greatly missed by me [ and others on tournament tour ]

KenSmith, SpencerG and johnr like this.
  3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Jim was a truly kind soul. He had a smile for everyone he met, and was a diehard fan of our game. One of my favorite memories is a trip to Lake Tahoe many years back when he and I knew hardly anyone else there.

Taken far too soon at just 53 years old, he will be missed by so many. RIP my friend.