Major Announcement

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Joep, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Joep

Joep Active Member

On Aug 3 Kenny and I will have a major announcement revealed on our weekly radio show.This is something that the blackjack tournament players have been missing .No hints..... OK 1 hint this has nothing to do with UBT .Now we really have you scratching your heads.

Dont forget to tune it to hear it first on Aug 3 at 6 PM Pacific Time on KLAV 1230

This weeks show July 27th will be a re-broadcast of a past show

Link to the show

www.klav1230am.com/lowbandwith/liveonair.htm

Joep

2. maxwell

maxwell Member

joep

Joep Do You Evere Sleep Or Are You Just A Earlybird:d
    YOUR POST ARE ALWAYS EARLY IN THE MORNING BEFORE THE SUN

3. Fredguy

Fredguy New Member

Announcement

Why the h*** don't you post the information here, instead of forcing people to listen to an obscure radio station ??????

4. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

My bet...

"Be in Action" has been extended for another year.

Sidekick :eek:

5. Joep

Joep Active Member

Car Wash

Hey Fredguy no one is forcing you to do anything. But if you can be forced how about washing my car :joker:

Joep

6. Fredguy

Fredguy New Member

Good answer....

Thanks JOEP....that really explains it. :flame:

7. Joep

Joep Active Member

Car Wash Business Booms

So where should I bring my car for you to wash and polish. I heard you do good work.I might even give your car washing service a free plug on the radio .Of course that would all depend upon the quality of your work.

You never know this might turn into something "BIG" for you :joker:

Obscure car washing service discovered on popular gaming radio show
    "Be In Action"

Joep

8. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I'm sorry.....

Excuse me I must have the wrong site, I was trying to get BJT.com, did I get the wrong site or did they leave a forwarding web site address?

Damn I want to find out about BJ tournaments not read about car washes...LOL

Fredguy trust me on this, don't get Joep going (no telling where this thread may end up). Just check back here later next week and either me or someone will post what the "Big news" is that Joep and Kenny annouced on the radio show.

It maybe just a little pebble falling now, but when Joep gets involved (if pushed) it will be a full rock slide before it is over...LOL

9. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

"next" week

TXtourplayer said: "Just check back here later next week and either me or someone will post what the "Big news" is that Joep and Kenny annouced on the radio show."

It will have to be Friday or later "next" week. Joep said that he would announce it on the 03 AUG show - not today's show.

Chips

10. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Joep if it's so BIG why not do it this weeks show?

BTW anyone know where a good car wash place is??:joker: I need it detailed also

11. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Yea I talked to Joep today and he told me tonights show was a replay, thats why I said later next week instead of later tonight.

I didn't even ask what it was, I know Joep and he would say now anyway.

12. Joep

Joep Active Member

1 Car Wash Away

Actually the delay in announcing it is two fold . First off the UBT was filming commercials with some of their featured players Thursday and Friday here in Las Vegas as all the players are in for the WSOP . So there was no live show this week because of that.The second reason for the delay was that for legal reasons all the necessary contracts needed to be signed before this could be made public.So as you can see this was not done with the intention of keeping everyone hanging on a string. Kenny and I were asked not to reveal it until everything was made official.

Well maybe we wanted to keep one pain in the butt hanging :joker: on a string.

One car wash and this could all be solved...........

Joep

13. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

ok, My final inpjut for the Major Announcement

with the announcement, here is my final take.

I love it in College Football where the BCS takes into account Middle Teams playing Higher ranked teams and grading them higher versus Middle Teams playing crappy teams and winning.

In short, your "announcement" should incorporate where players get rewarded based on who they play also and obviously we agree on this point:

The true bj tourney player will eventually rise to the top over time no matter how many tourneys they play daily, weekly or monthly. The last thing we need is Joe Smo playing 1,000 online tourneys so he can be in the Top 10 each year where pro's can play in 500 tourneys and be ranked higher based on Win % and Quality of Tourneys which includes quality of Players played against.

Sidekick

14. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Just wondering ....

Hey Joep,

Did Ken S. steal you thunder with the complete Aruba posting? If so it's worth listening too again.

BTW where do I get my car detailed too?

15. Joep

Joep Active Member

One Down 2 to go

Well getting my thunder stolen by Ken is not all that bad of a situation ,but if you were to read my first post in this thread it specifically said that this major announcement had nothing to do with UBT. So in this case you are wrong about your guess. As they would say on a old game show called "Whats My Line" one down 2 to go :laugh: .

You still have 2 more guesses coming, not like Sidekick who is all out of guesses

Joep

16. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Gender re-assignment?

OK, this sounds like fun :) ! Are you going blonde? Or, if you're already blonde are you going redhead?

Are you turning your back on BJ and joining the Tassajara Zen center as a novice monk?

You're getting a portrait of Big Tex tattooed on your back so the when you flex your muscles he appears to wink?

Trying to break the world record for hotdog eating?

You're the baddy in the next Superman movie?

Am I close?

Cheers

Reachy

17. Joep

Joep Active Member

3 Down and None to go

Reachy you seem to have used up all of your gusses on 1 post.So to you my friend from across the pond I must say 3 down and NONE TO GO

Now I have big shoulders and a big back but its still not big enough to have room for a Tex tattoo . No one has that kind of back space :joker:

Joep

18. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

guess 2

Ok, wasted my first guess ASSUMING it was Ken's announcement - which WAS good to hear - but you DID say it was unrelated to UBT.

You said it was something BJ players have been MISSING......

Personally I've been missing regular tournaments but since I'm the newbie around here that can't be it - you guys/gals have more than you can shake a stick at on the left coast. So that doesn't count

Last weekend I was missing the cocktail waitress during the playing but after I saw here I really wasn't missing anything - THAT doesn't count.

How about a rating system! Hummm maybe a national BJ players association - like the poker nuts. That way people can be rated and ......nah that can't be it.

A new blackjack game? Nope that wouldn't be a MAJOR announcement they've got too many variations as it is.

A MAJOR announcement that BJ players have been MISSING.....hmmmmmm

OK Guess #2 - A radio show that talks about BJ tourney's have relevant interviews and really cool guests - that's my guess!

Oops I'll be listening to that this Thursday night - my fault

19. Joep

Joep Active Member

One Down One to Go

You said it was something BJ players have been MISSING......

How about a rating system! Hummm maybe a national BJ players association - like the poker nuts. That way people can be rated and ......nah that can't be it.

A MAJOR announcement that BJ players have been MISSING.....hmmmmmm

I must say of all the guesses you are getting close but still no cigar.A national ranking system is in the works and has been since March of 2006 when Anthony Curtis, Kenny Einiger,Kenny Smith and myself hatched this thought at the Hilton during the WSOB because of the inflated results that were submitted to GSN. We all thought that in the best interest of blackjack tournaments and TV shows covering tournaments that a certified ranking system with tournaments that are sanctioned by the committee would be the best way to prevent this from happening again. An announcement concerning the ranking system will be revealed very soon but this is not what the Major Announcement is about.One of the reasons it has taken a while to get this up and running is that 2 of the people mentioned were also working on putting the UBT Tour and TV show together also. So the ranking system took a back seat for a while.

But not a bad guess so you still have 1 guess left don't waste it. You have been given enough info as of now ;)

Joep

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  20. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Annoucement

Would I be warm if I said that television or film would be involved?

Andy